Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 10:38 am  #51

Re: Suggestions for next Group Play

I've got that game and would like to get it off my unplayed list, so if ND: Shadow at the Water's Edge is chosen, I'm in.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 26, 2013 9:19 am  #52

I have a lot of ND (all unplayed) but not this one ND: Shadow at the Water's Edge .  I was planning to get it today with a PCC but since the bonus punches are messed up, will hold off until I know it is fixed.  Also trialed ND: Deception on Danger Island a long time ago and may use a PCC on that later.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

August 26, 2013 9:34 pm  #53

barregar wrote:

...The game is Voyage.  It is a Jules Verne tale, a science fiction I think, very challenging. Does anyone else have it?  

Hi Berregar,
I have Voyage, I played it a few years ago.
I remember thinking it was a lot of fun, and eye candy! Of course todays eye candy is a whole lot prettier!

August 26, 2013 11:10 pm  #54

TiramaSue wrote:

I've got that game and would like to get it off my unplayed list, so if ND: Shadow at the Water's Edge is chosen, I'm in.

I bought alot of ND - all unplayed - so, if Water's Edge is chosen for group play, I'm in.  I have been a point and click adventure player but, for some reason I can't discover, I have alot of problems playing the ND games.  Even, so, I always buy them on sale.....

Last edited by jkuci (August 26, 2013 11:10 pm)

August 27, 2013 9:57 am  #55

ROTFLMAO at Tirama's and stusue's comments about their games!  

I don't do ND games but hope you all enjoy it.  IF you ever decide to do CHRONICLES OF VIDA I'd try it.  I bought the game for the snarky wereferret even though I knew there was no WT.

August 27, 2013 12:31 pm  #56

mcq wrote:

Hi Berregar,
I have Voyage, I played it a few years ago.
I remember thinking it was a lot of fun, and eye candy! Of course todays eye candy is a whole lot prettier!

hey mcq, that's good to know, that you finished it, because I haven't been able to.  You found it fun? wow, you must be good at adventure games, I found it tough.  One day if I decide to try it again, can I ask you for advice if I'm stuck?  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 27, 2013 3:15 pm  #57

jkuci wrote:

TiramaSue wrote:

I bought alot of ND - all unplayed - so, if Water's Edge is chosen for group play, I'm in.  I have been a point and click adventure player but, for some reason I can't discover, I have alot of problems playing the ND games.  Even, so, I always buy them on sale.....

HI  jkuci! I have the same problem....it's usually(for me) when there is a timed puzzle or regular puzzle that is hard for those with slow reflexes( I THINK that is what it is???) and it cannot be skipped....I TOO always snap them up...lol

August 28, 2013 7:48 am  #58

Yeah the main issue with Nancy Drew games is that the puzzles can't be skipped. Some of the games are super hard. The games themselves are still super fun to play for me.

Just as a suggestion - if you haven't played Warnings at Waverly Academy....I find that this game is a good starting point for someone new to playing ND games. If I remember right, the puzzles aren't overly difficult in this one. It kind of gives a good introduction to the series I think - even though it is from the middle of the series.

August 28, 2013 10:30 am  #59

misscatlady2453 wrote:

Yeah the main issue with Nancy Drew games is that the puzzles can't be skipped. Some of the games are super hard. The games themselves are still super fun to play for me.

Just as a suggestion - if you haven't played Warnings at Waverly Academy....I find that this game is a good starting point for someone new to playing ND games. If I remember right, the puzzles aren't overly difficult in this one. It kind of gives a good introduction to the series I think - even though it is from the middle of the series.

There are no games like Nancy Drew, which is why I still love playing them too.
I DO wonder HOW little kids(as the games are aimed at age 10 to adult, I think) can get through some of the puzzles, but probably have brothers who seem to excel at fast paced or tricky puzzles..lol 
Waverley is one of my favs...LOVE the atmosphere, and the snarky kids...lol
Also love when it starts to snow...
I do remember that a lot of the puzzles were easy and even allowed one to win IF one played long enough! 

Last edited by Alianthia (August 28, 2013 10:35 am)

August 28, 2013 12:50 pm  #60

I think Waverly is the only one I have, on CD.  I'm not even sure it will work on my new computer

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera