Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 20, 2013 10:45 pm  #41

Re: Suggestions for next Group Play

I think most if not all of you own more games than I do. 

I have 327, last year I played 129, so far this year I've played 66.  So I only have 132 of them trying to get my attention.  And some of those I bought for DH, so if they're feeling neglected, I tell them to take it up with him.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 21, 2013 8:03 am  #42

TiramaSue wrote:

I only have 132 of them trying to get my attention.  And some of those I bought for DH, so if they're feeling neglected, I tell them to take it up with him.

ROFLMAO !

If my unplayed games were down to 132 I'd be so happy!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 22, 2013 6:43 am  #43

A future suggestion to make.  Chronicles of Vida: The story of the Missing Princess.

1.  No walkthrough
2.  Hard
3.  I'm stuck

If you liked Brunhilda and Demon you'll like this one with Vida and her sidekick  Black the wereferret.  Same sort of banter.

i ♥ nirvana

August 22, 2013 7:28 am  #44

Hey, sunshinej, hi!

I've been interested in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess ever since I did the demo and was amazed by the artwork. However, I read that it's mainly just HOG after HOG after HOG, and the banter between the 2 annoyed me rather than amused me, so I couldn't decide whether to get it or not. But you're an adventure player so you'd be able to tell me if it's more than just HOG, HOG, HOG. It's been on my possible list since I demoed it, waiting for someone to tell me.

August 22, 2013 9:27 am  #45

Hi stusue...I am in chapter 3 right now and while it does have plenty of HO scenes with the heaviest concentration right at the beginning I wouldn't say it is scene after scene there is enough adventure to satisfy me.  It is skimpy on the puzzles so far they got progressively harder. (to me at least) No instructions on the puzzles and since there are achievements for not using hints which I haven't been, so I do find the game challenging. (14 achievements in total)

Vida and Black do banter back and forth in the game.  It is not just inane comments but if you listen close you will get their back stories.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 22, 2013 9:31 am)

i ♥ nirvana

August 24, 2013 10:50 pm  #46

stusue wrote:

Wow, Tirama, I'm impressed! You manage to keep yours in line???? I see hundreds of games all running towards me, all screaming, all trying to be heard over all the others, demanding my attention ... and I take off in terror and hide before I'm overrun and trampled to death.

I suppose I need to grow a backbone.

See, this is why I keep a list of my games in date order, so they know in which order they will be played.  Although I have to admit sometimes Royal Envoy gets kind of noisy and I have to play it again to calm it down.  

Oh, and I'm up for any Nancy Drew game.  I love them.

Last edited by Noelle (August 24, 2013 10:52 pm)

August 25, 2013 12:29 am  #47

Noelle, which are the Nancy Drew games that you have, since you say that you are up for any of them?  I am really interested in having ND as our next group play because it would be a real Adventure game and it would definitely take more time than Apothecarium which is a HOPA.  

Would everyone prefer the next group play to come after Green Moon?  If so, then it could be set for Septermber 21.  I vote for ND Shadow At The Water's Edge.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 25, 2013 1:04 am  #48

That works for me.

August 25, 2013 2:12 am  #49

Noelle wrote:

stusue wrote:

Wow, Tirama, I'm impressed! You manage to keep yours in line???? I see hundreds of games all running towards me, all screaming, all trying to be heard over all the others, demanding my attention ... and I take off in terror and hide before I'm overrun and trampled to death.

I suppose I need to grow a backbone.

See, this is why I keep a list of my games in date order, so they know in which order they will be played.  Although I have to admit sometimes Royal Envoy gets kind of noisy and I have to play it again to calm it down.  

Oh, and I'm up for any Nancy Drew game.  I love them.

Noelle, I wish my mind and emotions were that ordered!  But what sort of game I feel like playing changes from moment to moment depending on my mood. Even if I have the next game all worked out once I've finished whatever game I'm currently playing, more times than not I don't feel like playing that one anymore once I've finished and so go through my - very long - unplayed list, working out what game I DO feel like playing.  Even if I know I feel like an adventure game or HOPA or an M3, I may not feel like playing the same one I'd picked out just the day before! And I want to play ALL of them NOW, hence they all clamour out loud to be the next to be played.

But fancy Royal Envoy being so pesky! Who woulda thunk it?! At least you've worked out how to calm it down.

Barre, ND: Shadow at the Water's Edge sounds good to me!

August 25, 2013 8:31 am  #50

ND: Shadows at Water's Edge sounds good to me as well. As I mentioned before, I haven't played it yet. ONe of the only one's I haven't. Should be fun.

Board footera