Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2013 12:45 am  #11

Re: Suggestions for next Group Play

I was up for Apothecarium when it was suggested a while back, but I'm not set on it.

Looking at my list of games I've been wanting to try, Green Moon would particularly interest me. But I'd probably be up for almost any one mentioned so far.

August 15, 2013 6:34 am  #12

Green Moon is good for me too.

i ♥ nirvana

August 15, 2013 8:54 am  #13

barregar wrote:

Hi tee, how about suggesting the name of the game since there are lots of Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes games?

That's too bad about the Agatha Christie games ~ I have five of them (including And Then There Were None) and wanted to use some of my PCC's for them and realized you couldn't buy them anymore.  On Sherlock Holmes, I started Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet but got sidetracked with something else.   Same with Syberia and Return to Mysterious Island.  I will definitely need a group play to get through a LFG.

Green Moon would be fine with me.  I knew the name sounded familiar ~ they are the same developers of City of Fools.  I have a lengthy WT that I printed off along with some others from GameBoomers that I could use.  Imagine BF has one also if we need to use them to get unstuck along the way.  Try not to use them but hate feeling frustrated.

Tirama, might be interested in the two you mentioned, maybe after a LFG group play, just for a little breather.  I have Farmington Tales but not Pickers.  Might use one of my PCC's on that one plus looking for other sleepers that I might pick up to use all my PCC's before the 20th when I get charged for my next GCC.  I have a few ND, from Amazon and BFG but might pick up some more.  Have been reluctant to buy any addt'l LFG since I haven't been able to get very far in the ones I have.

So will welcome any suggestions from you all for your favorite little gems.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

August 15, 2013 9:16 am  #14

Barre, I have:

Green Moon

ND: Shadow At The Water's Edge
ND: The Phantom of Venice

and I'd like to play them all.  I think I'd like to play Green Moon first, though, as I've heard that it's short.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 15, 2013 9:24 am  #15

teeitup46ok wrote:

Green Moon would be fine with me.  I knew the name sounded familiar ~ they are the same developers of City of Fools.

tee, there was a poster of Green Moon on the wall in one of the houses in City of Fools.  I didn't notice it (I never notice anything ) but it was pointed out by others when I played City of Fools in a group play.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 15, 2013 10:14 am  #16

There is another Adventure game I have which is a tough one.  I have never been able to finish it and would love to have a group play for it.  If not in a group play, then maybe just play and we'll talk about it in the general discussion area.  The game is Voyage.  It is a Jules Verne tale, a science fiction I think, very challenging. Does anyone else have it?  

Green Moon is a very nice game with nice graphics,  but it is an adventure game and has lots of wandering around, I think there are also portals into different dimensions but I'm not sure.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 15, 2013 11:54 am  #17

Here's a link to the BF page for Green Moon.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7197/green-moon/index.html

If there's a consensus for making this the next group play game, I'll pick it up on Monday.

And if anybdy needs to borrow a pcc so that they can acquire it, just give a shout.  I've still got a bunch and if BF continnues its current trend of having a CE BOGO or Twofer each month, I'll be getting a few more pcc's.  (Though in truth I'm hoping the next BOGO is held Labor Day weekend and we get bonus punches if we wait until Monday to BOGO)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 15, 2013 12:39 pm  #18

Noelle wrote:

And I do like TiramaSue's suggestion of playing non LF games to snark on them!

I've started a thread where people an go to snark when the need arises.

http://finishyourgames.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=15

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 15, 2013 6:25 pm  #19

I've played Green Moon, so if it's the group play, I'll pass and wait for the next one, I enjoyed it, though.  It didn't seem as difficult as other adventure games, by which I mean I didn't have to use a walkthrough very much.  The story was cool.

I've also played Voyage, and there's no way I could have gotten through it without a walkthrough.

And awesome, TiramaSue.  I'll head over now and check it out.

Last edited by Noelle (August 15, 2013 6:26 pm)

August 15, 2013 10:13 pm  #20

I'm up for any of them.  I have several PCCs as well.

I have a bunch of large file games on CD that I haven't played:

Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches
Syberia II
Paradise
The Omega Stone
AGON
Physicus
Black Bucaneer
Riddle Sphinx
Cleopatra Riddle of the Tomb
The Lost Crown

I havent played any of those, not sure if they are any good. 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera