Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2013 10:56 am  #1

Suggestions for next Group Play

Farmington Tales?

Pickers?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 14, 2013 11:20 am  #2

Re: Suggestions for next Group Play

What is Pickers?  a hidden object game?

Farmington Tales - I didn't think it was that difficult...finished it already.

Usually group plays are for large file games which are more involved and might need assistance along the way.  How about a Nancy Drew game?  perhaps you have never tried them but they are really interesting and you can be very aborbed in one when you play it.  Sometimes you can get stuck, which is why a group play is ideal because we can help each other.....just my opinion.  We usually do group plays for games that have no walkthrough, one example is Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, and it is open for discussion among all.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 14, 2013 11:25 am  #3

How about one of the Agatha Christie or Sherlock Holmes games?

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

August 14, 2013 11:28 am  #4

Hi tee, how about suggesting the name of the game since there are lots of Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes games?

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 14, 2013 11:44 am  #5

Pickers is a HO game that involves visiting different locations, finding objects to sell or auction.  Some of the objects can be fixed up by using other objects and you would get more money.  Or two objects can make a set, and the set earns more money.  The trick comes figuing out what to use to improve an object (example a hat can be improved by adding a feather) and finding both piece of a set since they're not in the same location.  Also, you are limited to how many objects you can have in your inventory.  I guess it would be considered a hidden object/strategy hybrid.

I own 1 Nancy Drew game Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge, and I think that's already been group-played.

I don't think the Agatha Christie games are available on BF anymore (which may or may not make a differnce to some people). 

I've played Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin.   Some of the tasks at the end at the Tower of London were downright bizarre.  Spent most of my time reading a walkthrough at some site.

A walkthrough was recently released for Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil.  Haven't checked it or the game out so I can't comment on its usefulness.

Some games might not be difficult, bu it could be fun to play in a group and post snarky comments about some of the leaps of logic your character has to take.

Did Farmington take very long?  I'm trying to decide which SE to play next. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 14, 2013 1:19 pm  #6

Tirama, did you join in a group play for ND Shadow At The Water's Edge?  I didn't know there was one and I do have the game but I haven't played it yet.   I also have ND The Phantom of Venice to play.

Pickers sounds too complicated for me, it would involve using too much of my brain cells...sorry.

Farmington Tales doesn't take vary long, it's just like Lagoona where you find objects and decorate your farm, but you also have to grow crops/sell them, it has puzzles to play.  It's a lovely game and I'm sure you will love it.  

August 14, 2013 1:36 pm  #7

No I wasn't part of the grop play for Nancy Drew.

Lagoona took me a week or so, which is a somewhat long time for me.  City of Fools only took me 3 days.

I don't own any other Large File Games.  Most of them play best in 360, which makes me queasy, and when I put them into 3rd person, I had Holmes and Watson walking into walls.  I do wish I would have got Agatha Christie's And The There Were None while it was available at BF.

August 14, 2013 9:54 pm  #8

I'm sorry And Then There Were None is no longer available.  I have it and haven't played it yet, and that would be a great candidate for a group play, but only if everyone could get it.

I suggested Syberia in the geneal game discussion.  Another I have and haven't played, and the original is still available on BF.  I have the link if anyone would like it.

Any Nancy Drew game is fine by me.  I love them.

And I do like TiramaSue's suggestion of playing non LF games to snark on them!

August 15, 2013 12:01 am  #9

Would anyone like to play Green Moon?  I have that game and I'm waiting for a group play for it.

August 15, 2013 12:13 am  #10

barregar wrote:

Would anyone like to play Green Moon?  I have that game and I'm waiting for a group play for it.

I don't know anything about it, but I do have a PCC to spend on Monday.

Board footera