Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2014 7:47 pm  #3031

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I'm playing the Christmas Gizmos game.  I think it's even more difficult than the Halloween one!   (I don't get a lot of the smileys.  There's more of them, but I can never seem to find one that's appropriate.  I'd like one that has hair standing out to indcate fright or stress.)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 30, 2014 10:28 pm  #3032

I agree about the smilies.  I hate to complain because they're so much better than what we had, but they're still lacking.  They seem to be obsessed with sleeping and sickness.
I finished the main game of New York Mysteries.  The plot had a nice twist in it.  But the ending didn't resolve one of the major plotlines.  I own the SE but I'm playing the PE from GameHouse so I hope the bonus chapter goes into that.
It  has a good map, I didn't bother to figure the lay of the land, I just used the map to jump to where it told me it had something to do.  I skipped a couple puzzles, one was tracing a figure without going over the lines again, this one was complicated!  Another was moving things around, I got it down to only one out of place but I couldn't figure out how to get it where it went so I skipped it.  Decent puzzles,  even the ones w;here you had to copy something out of the journal, the journal wasn't onscreen, you had to look at it and then remember what it showed, so at least that brought it up a notch.  The map shows where there were still collectibles and morphs.  I would recommend the game, and probably the CE over the SE.  I'll try to get the bonus done tomorrow but it is New Year's Eve!!!

Last edited by WendyDarling (December 30, 2014 11:05 pm)

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 31, 2014 7:36 am  #3033

I finished Phantasmat and the bonus.  I love that game (I must since it is the 3rd time I finished it)  I like how the story unfolds and how well done the VO were.  I love the music and the ambient sounds.  I like learning about the character's backstories in little pieces.  What I don't like is the M3 part of it.  I tried it and it is hard.  It was so much easier and took less time to do the HO scenes and there are a lot of HO scenes.  For instance the puzzle to turn the power back on took 4 HO scenes to gather all the parts.

I started Infected: Twin Vaccine.  I like it so far.  The HO scenes are taking a little time to get used to.  While playing it with the helecopters flying by and with finding a dead body, the recent Ebola scare popped in my head.

That's disappointing about the New York Mysteries game.  I have the SE.

In case I don't make it back here tonight.  I want to wish everyone a

Happy New Year!!    Welcome 2015!!   

i ♥ nirvana

December 31, 2014 11:48 am  #3034

oscar...Your game doesn't sound familiar to me.  Was it recently played?   I looked at your list to see if anything jumped out at me.  Nothing did.

i ♥ nirvana

December 31, 2014 12:49 pm  #3035

It is irritating!  Thank you both for wracking the old gray cells.  Yea Sun I loooked at my done stuff and even went to BFG to look at the screen captures to see if it was the one, but no luck.  I can see the opening scene and what the town looked like how you moved in it in my head but can't think of what it was.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 31, 2014 4:55 pm  #3036

oscar -- The game doesn't sound familiar.  Or rather it sounds too familiar.  I know I can't put a name to it though.

I agree about the smilies.  It's nice to have these but there are so many times I can't find just what I'm looking for.  The hug is too happy for a sympathy hug, for example.

Another dismal month for me.  I bought 4 games and only played 3.  But they don't count (as far as I'm concerned) because they were replays. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR   

December 31, 2014 5:24 pm  #3037

Who knows I could have a couple of games mixed together or maybe I only beta'd it.  I give up!

My totals for the year are 141 purchased and 101 finished.

Have a wonderful New Years eve.  Here's hoping we all have a great year ahead.

Last edited by oscar66 (December 31, 2014 5:27 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera