Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 2:49 pm  #3021

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Here's a direct link to the sale page, hope it works:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/daily/best-of-2014-pc/

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2014 9:56 pm  #3022

Almost forgot I needed to use a PCC to fill my card today  I ended up with Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One.  It sounded like it had a good, long bonus game but otherwise only coins to collect.  I think the SE actually got higher stars than the CE.  It's killing me, though, buying these BFG games because I'm not really planning on playing them this year, I'm concentrating on GH.  Probably didn't need that membership but it only cost the same as 5 regularly priced CEs, not that I'd buy regularly priced CEs.  I read in the forums there that they got the original owner/founder back and hopefully it will be better over there.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 29, 2014 10:17 pm  #3023

I need to use two pcc's today to fill my card.  I've waited until I finished the main game of A Christmas Carol so I wouldn't be distracted by something new and shiny.  But I finished chapter six earlier today and just finished writing my diary, so it's time for a treat.

I got Fantasy Mosaics 5 and Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2014 11:13 pm  #3024

I was unable to play the bonus sections in League of Light Wicked Harvest due to an error.  During the main game I did have three freeze ups that I had to CAD out of.  Annoying to say the least.  Still no reply to my install issue, it's been 11 days, 8 of those were business days.  We'll see how fast they respond to this issue.  If it had of just been the freeze issues I wouldn't have bothered but considering I bought the CE version and could not play the the bonus games ( there are 2), I want my money back.
I'm off to play Nightmare of the Deep Davy Jones and I'm definitely going to check that I have the up to date one first!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 30, 2014 1:05 am  #3025

oscar -- 8 of those 11 days probably weren't business days.  BFG gives everyone a week off between Christmas and New Year's.

I was going to use my CE coupon and a CS coupon to get 2 games today and fill a card.  I "bought" the CE and then went to buy the SE.  It wouldn't take my coupon code.  I looked at the order and the CE coupon (which had been applied to the CE) was now switched to the SE.  It was a good thing I was using coupons or I probably wouldn't have noticed!

December 30, 2014 8:03 am  #3026

As a stocking stuffer present I bought my husband a CD called Amazing Match 3 Games from Legacy Games.  There are 4 games on it.

4 Elements II
Call of Atlantis
Fishdom 2
Farmscapes

He played Fishdom 2 most of last night and liked it.  4 Elements II was deemed too feminine with the fairies and the mini games.  Call of Atlantis had too much story attached to it.  The Farmscapes one he hasn't tried yet.  He did like earning money to stock his fishtank in Fishdom 2.  The downside is that I couldn't use the computer to finish Phantasmat.  I ended up watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2 instead.

i ♥ nirvana

December 30, 2014 10:24 am  #3027

Lol sun, you don't want to get him too hooked and using up your time.

Lily, no I took the holidays into account.  There have been 8 real business days since I sent my missive off. As for time after Xmas until the new year, who knows what sort of staff they even have full time or what sort of holidays they now take.  I don't think this is the BFG of yore. At one time I thought it would be a fun place to work. I think because it wasn't a game complainant that they could just send a coupon for it went to the bottom of the pile.  I can see them in the  future reverting back to how they did game complainants.  I imagine the amount of coupons they send may be getting out of hand. I could see them auditing and starting back to the way it was when they removed the game you are complaining about from your purchase history when they refund.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 30, 2014 11:46 am  #3028

I think maybe it costs them less to send out replacement coupons,  there's a lot less highly paid tech people they need to employ.  In the past I've had techs going back and forth with me for a month and still not got the game working, so they're money ahead just giving me a CE coupon.  And it might make it look like they have more sales.  Nobody is going to complain too much about their SE not working if they get a CE coupon instead.  People will most likely still spend the same amount of game money, they just get a few extra games.  Of course who knows what Churchill Downs might change.
I never cared for 4 Elements.  Doesn't Phantasmat have the M3 option?  You could do the adventure and hubby could do the M3s.

December 30, 2014 12:31 pm  #3029

That is my point because you can be sure that people are abusing this, it's probably fairly easy when someone complains to go in to the history and disable the game.  They used do this.  You can bet dollars to donuts according to some things in the forums, coupons are being given and the games are being replayed, or the thing being complained about did not render it totally unplayable, an inconvenience and annoyance yes. Should the player be compensated for this? If they have completed the game?  If they get a refund the game should be taken away. There are always people out there looking to take whatever advantage they can. My thought is that if the trend continues it will negatively impact everyone with price increases or a reduction in games or who knows what else.  I don't think if they track the incidences of complainants that it is making the testing any better.  The game I just played there were was a large amount of issues with, yet no patch or rebuild.  I guess the developer has to weigh out the cost effectiveness against the number of people affected and if it is not in their interest they don't do it.  although in the long run to me it would make me a little less likely to purchase their games without a thorough look at the tech threads. I do expect a refund as the errors in it rendered the bonus sections unplayable.  If I had of been able to play them I would not expect a refund even though there were issues in the main game as I was able to work around them. 

Phantasmat does have the M3 option.  I think I am one of the few that did not like this game.  It took me two goes to complete it. 

League of Light Witches Harvest was like deja vu for me.  the story was a healer that couldn't save her daughter and was using black magic to bring her back.  I played a game not long ago, same story but insert little boy.  It was a pretty new game starts off with you going to see your friend and her soon to be husband, she of course gets hurt hubby ends up being a prince or something that gets whisked off to some nether world where he used to live by dad.  Anyone?  Does this ring a bell?  It's bugging me I can't remember it.

Last edited by oscar66 (December 30, 2014 12:34 pm)

December 30, 2014 4:17 pm  #3030

I didn't care for Phantasmat much, either.  Nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't rock my world. 
I have no idea what your game is, of course I've hardly played anything new in quite awhile.  Will people never learn that it's a bad idea to raise someone from the dead?  I wish my first husband wouldn't have died but I don't want him coming back from the dead.
If I get a replacement coupon for a game I don't mind at all if they take it out of my purchase history.  Once I've played like a third of it I don't really want to play it over again.
I'm still working on New York Mystery Secret of the Mafia PE.  It has morphs and several different collectibles.  The plot is strange, I wish they would have just done a mafia game and not thrown paranormal stuff into the mix.

Board footera