Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 12:02 am  #3011

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

hello everybody hope you had a great christmas & holidays. I have meant to check in periodically but being married is more time consuming than I originally thought ;) Actually the reason I hadn't been checking in regularly had to do with the fact James wasn't working but he got hired right before Christmas and now I am back to boring days and more time for games and saying hiiii more often.  However last week and this week he only works 2.5 days because of the holidays so that made him going back a little more tolerable. We really thought he wouldn't find work until the new year but he got hired within the same week he applied which is unheard of here and its a good job. So now I am coping with him going back to work because selfishly I was really enjoying the 7 months he had off and all the time we got to spend together.

However I have played some games...mainly TMs although I just finished Forbidden Secrets Alien Town CE...which I found fun to play but not the great game I was expecting. I have a 2 week trial of Gamehouse's funpass option. I am playing all the Delicious games and for some reason didn't have true love so I got the trial to play it which I did and am sampling some of the other TMs they offer. All the HOGs I own lol

I haven't bought a game on BFG for a long time...I have 6 game credits waiting in the lurch and nothing I want to spend them on although my favorite Garden's Inc game came out so I am seriously considering getting that one and the new emily. I was always under the impression BFG did not have Delicious games as those were gamehouse's so I was surprised to see it offered. I also see that GH changed their funpass since I started the trial. It was $14.99 but now its $9.99 if I want to keep it a month. It expires December 31st. Im undecided. Since I have so many others to play I think I won't renew it now but consider it for later...And as for BFG, ever since I saw they got bought out..I am very wary and since nothing has excited me lately, I am pretty close to just playing the games I have and getting rid of that subscription right now too. When my old company got bought out they swore nothing would change but it did in small amounts over time. At first it was barely noticeable but then it got to a point that I couldn't stand them or their value system and ended up leaving. It will be interesting to see what happens over time.

Anyways I hope to be around more now in the new year as I won't have 24/7 James time. I need to catch up on my shows but beyond that my games and my friendships. How has everyone been? Whats wrong with Barre? I see your thing wendy n it makes me worry.

Right now I am playing Mystery Case Files Fates Carnival which honestly Im bored with and am having trouble finishing. My kingdom for the princess 3 & Delicious Emilys dream wedding CE. Also I am using the GH trial to play Park Ranger 1 as thats on my mac and this is my new pc that I been playing most of my games on. I rarely use my desktop anymore and I kind of miss it but a laptop is soooo nice in the bed!

Happy holidays & new year to you all. I have missed you dearly and will try to check in at least once a week

December 29, 2014 12:38 am  #3012

Hi Meg!   Great to see you here!  We've been wondering how you've been.  That's great news about James' job.  I've been caught up in 2 Free to Play games so haven't gotten many of the huge backlog of unplayed games done.  I've got a German tutor to try and brush up my conversational German in anticipation of my trip next year.  I can't believe ow much I've forgotten! 

December 29, 2014 7:39 am  #3013

We missed you, too, Meg.  Whenever you've been gone for awhile I always worry that James turned out to be some internet axe murderer and he shoved you off a cliff.  I guess he would have done it by now if he was going to so I'll stop worrying.    Great news about his job, and that you two were still enjoying 24/7-ness, that's a really good sign
I got the GH FunPass on sale for $69.  I only join BFG about 4 months a year, get everything I want in a BOGO, then I'm gone again.  GH has Garden Inc. 3, too.
I actually just joined again today, I'll be using 2 of my CE coupons today and the other 2 next Monday.  I pretty much have my four CEs picked, but who knows what will come out in the next week.  So far I'm planning on:
Rite of Passage Hide and Seek
Hidden Expedition Smithsonian Castle
Nevertales Smoke and Mirrors
Nightmares from the Deep Davy Jones

Barre has pancreatic cancer, which is bad, but she got out of hospice for Christmas so that is good.  She has a prayer thread over at Gov's site, GamingFriends
http://gamingfriends.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=317
Lily, my father's side was from Luxemborg(or maybe that's where German's said they were from).  I can count to 4 and always say "Gehzundheit" (no, that's probably not the correct spelling) when someone sneezes.  And playing Euchre was a family passion.  The area I grew up in had a lot of German heritage.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 29, 2014 7:49 am  #3014

Hiya, Meg ~ great to hear from you.  Awesome that James got a job, esp. at this time of the year, got the holiday days off and a fresh start with a new year.  Things always work out like they should and the seven months you all had together was makeup for all the time you had to be apart.

Sadly, our sweet Barre is battling pancreatic cancer and has been in the hospital/hospice facility since this summer but got to go home over the holidays and is able to get around a little better.  She is a faith, filled fighter so hoping for a miracle.

Wendy or stusue are the GH experts here so they can fill you in on everything FunPass related ~ they run sales quite often and you can get a yearly FunPass for $69.99 occasionally which would be the best deal.
Glad to see you back around and look forward to sharing game info with you next year.

eta: just now saw Wendy's post; she beat me so doubled up on some info.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (December 29, 2014 7:52 am)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

December 29, 2014 9:46 am  #3015

Hi ya Meg,  You have been missed.  That's great news about James getting a job. Now you two can really settle in and plan your future together. 

I also thought the Delicious series was exclusive to GameHouse and was really surprised when it showed up at BFG.

I am also cautious about buying too much from BFG after learning about that they sold their company.  I have plenty of games to choose from and I don't mind replaying them, so I should be slowing down buying from them anyways.

You know I don't know why we don't already have a thread set up for barre here or even have a new category set up called Get Well/Prayers and then we could have a thread for barre, stusue and Tirama's husband or for anyone else. Also, maybe a new category called Celebration for Happy Birthday wishes and for welcoming new members.  Just a idea that I was thinking about.

i ♥ nirvana

December 29, 2014 11:46 am  #3016

Hiya Meg, nice to hear all is well.  Congrats to James on his job.

I took advantage of the sales today and got a few games with a mix of cash and GCC.  Note if you want anything on the Game of the Year sale, use Flake, it still works today and make it a little bit cheaper.

Haunted Hotel Death Sentence CE
Maestro Dark Talent CE
Silent Night Children's Orchestra CE
Hidden Expedition Smithsonian Castle CE
Dreamscapes Nightmares Heir

Dark Parables the Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide

I purchased and installed them thru the GM with no issues.   I never heard a peep about my inquiry on installing from purchase list, well except an email wanting feedback on my experience! lol.  Everyday I have tried and it has not worked, until today.  the problem seems to have resolved itself.

I was surprised to see the Delicious game as well, I guess GH has decided to market their games to other sites or lost the exclusivity to it.  I'm not sure who is the developer/producer, I've never played one.

Last edited by oscar66 (December 29, 2014 11:47 am)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 29, 2014 12:27 pm  #3017

In order to see what games are on sale, you have to click on the pop up that appears when you open the game manager.  PITA.  Hope they fix the link on the main page.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2014 1:00 pm  #3018

TiramaSue wrote:

In order to see what games are on sale, you have to click on the pop up that appears when you open the game manager.  PITA.  Hope they fix the link on the main page.

I hope they fix it too, because I have the old GM because the new one wouldn't work right for me and not about to change back to the new one. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

December 29, 2014 1:01 pm  #3019

Well, I've managed to buy one of my CEs.  Nightmare from the Deep Davy Jones.  I just can't decide on the other one.  I drive myself bonkers, I'm just so worried I'm going to pick the wrong game.  I have so many CEs that I bought in a sale and after I play them I wish I would have gotten 2 SEs instead.    And now I have the 4 coupons and just can't make a final choice.  Ok, ok, I'm gonna go buy Rite of Passage Hide and Seek and worry about the other two next week

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 29, 2014 2:34 pm  #3020

After finally finding the best PC games for 2014 using my GM. (Thanks Tirama for pointing that out.)  I see True Fear is up there under Creepiest Game.  Which is the game I  voted on the most. It came in 2nd place (which is disappointing) under Dark Dimensions: Somber Song.  I didn't realize Somber Song was supposed to be so creepy.  I just watched the video for it right now and I see black smoke chasing down people which looks a little cheesy to me.  I have Somber Song and when I play it I'll compare it to True Fear, but I don't think it can be as creepy as True Fear.  I'll have to see though.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera