Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2014 4:21 am  #2761

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I have finished Silent Nights-Children´s Orchestra CE. I couldn´t resist because I played the Beta a thousand years ago( I think it was last year ) and liked it very much. It was good with fun puzzles but I don´t recommend the CE! No collectibles, just some dragons you couldn´t miss that revealed the story behind and the bonus was very short. I liked the music and the wallpapers but not that much 

Have any of you played Finders ?  I´m playing it on Zylom and am stuck. I have only one quest and I can't do that before level 18 and I'm on level 12! I have checked the forums but haven´t  found any useful information.I think the only way to level up is through the quests.

oscar, your avatar is super cute

November 16, 2014 6:37 am  #2762

Anki wrote:

Have any of you played Finders ?  I´m playing it on Zylom and am stuck. I have only one quest and I can't do that before level 18 and I'm on level 12! I have checked the forums but haven´t  found any useful information.I think the only way to level up is through the quests.

Anki, I played Finders when it first came out on GameHouse, so quite awhile ago.  It's one of the games I've actually finished!!!!  What exactly is your problem?  Maybe I can remember.  Just don't forget that you can scroll the screen as there are things you can't see offscreen that you can do.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

November 16, 2014 6:41 am  #2763

Oscar, Winston is SO cute!    I just wanna pick him up and cuddle him. 

November 16, 2014 6:44 am  #2764

Today's  FREE  game at  Game Giveaway of the Day  is :

Weather Lord

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/weather-lord/

I didn't like it when BFG got it but I downloaded it now that it's free and found that it's great with a touchscreen!

November 16, 2014 9:54 am  #2765

The close up of Winston is really cute, he ought to be a plushie, I'd give a lot of him away in my game, lol.
I'm kinda stuck in IMperial Island 2.  I seem to be having trouble with pearls.  In a very early level it said I needed 30 pearls.  But i had to make 30 matches of pearls, not just 10 matches of 3 pearls each.  None of the other boards were like that, it counted every item, not sets.  I finally had to switch to untimed to get it, IIRc.  Then after that it seemed to straighten out, the next time Ineeded pearls it counted each individual pearl.  Now I'm on another level that I need a bunch of pearls but it only seems to be counting matches of 4 pearls.  There's no way on God's little green earth that it can be done within the time limit and I don't have any desire to even try to do it on untimed, it's just too much.  So  I guess i'm calling this one done, too.
I should be done with Secret Bunker by tonight.  It's not that it's such a great game, but I just really like the way it's done for some reason.  It's very, very handholdy, pretty much tells you every thing to do and I'm playing on easy so there's sparkles on everything, everything except the things you need to interact with in the HOs, they don't even have an icon change when you go over them. But I like how they do the HOs, there's usually a comment along the lines of "Maybe I'll find something useful here." which isn't much but it makes it more real.  And you usually search a whole room, not just one little area.  The bad guy puts all these obstacles in our way but we're always right on his tail somehow.  But I really, really want to catch the bad guy.  And I like the realistic look of the game.  But now I have to start thinking of what I will be playing next I'll be needing a HOPA for both computers.  i'm thinking Dark Romance might be one of them.  There's a lot of my owned BFG games I'd like to play but I'd feel like I was wasting Gamepass if I did that, they'll still be there next year.  There is the Platinum version of New York Mysteries, I just have the SE.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 16, 2014 2:09 pm  #2766

Stuesue, I´m on level 12 in Finders and I have only one quest and that is to buy an upgraded tent. The upgraded tent isn´t available before level18. How can I level up if I have no quests?!

I have tried to "wait out " the game to see if I get more quests, but nothing happens. BTW I´m on the second island and have met the Yeti.

November 16, 2014 4:04 pm  #2767

WendyDarling wrote:

I'm kinda stuck in IMperial Island 2.  I seem to be having trouble with pearls.  In a very early level it said I needed 30 pearls.  But i had to make 30 matches of pearls, not just 10 matches of 3 pearls each.  None of the other boards were like that, it counted every item, not sets.  I finally had to switch to untimed to get it, IIRc.  Then after that it seemed to straighten out, the next time Ineeded pearls it counted each individual pearl.  Now I'm on another level that I need a bunch of pearls but it only seems to be counting matches of 4 pearls.  There's no way on God's little green earth that it can be done within the time limit and I don't have any desire to even try to do it on untimed, it's just too much.  So  I guess i'm calling this one done, too.

I should be done with Secret Bunker by tonight.  It's not that it's such a great game, but I just really like the way it's done for some reason.  It's very, very handholdy, pretty much tells you every thing to do and I'm playing on easy so there's sparkles on everything, everything except the things you need to interact with in the HOs, they don't even have an icon change when you go over them. But I like how they do the HOs, there's usually a comment along the lines of "Maybe I'll find something useful here." which isn't much but it makes it more real.  And you usually search a whole room, not just one little area.  The bad guy puts all these obstacles in our way but we're always right on his tail somehow.  But I really, really want to catch the bad guy.  And I like the realistic look of the game. 

Wendy, in Imperial Island 2, when you need a certain amount of pearls, if you look at the oyster shells only special ones actually have pearls in them, so matching the empty shells doesn't count; only the shells with pearls inside them count towards your pearl count.  So, if you make a match with only one pearl, it only counts as 1 pearl, not the 3 shells that you've matched.

I agree with what you said about Secret Bunker - I loved the game and the only 2 negatives I had were that it was too easy with too much handholding, and the names of the 2 main protagonists in the game set in Russia were both English names.  Other than that I loved it - I loved the atmosphere and the attention to detail and how real the actions were.

I know how you feel about playing BFG games when you have a FunPass subscription.  I tend to play GameHouse games.  But it's good to alternate, either one of each or play a couple of GH games then a BFG one.

Good luck choosing which games to play next!  I have a list of PEs on GH that I only have the SE from BFG.  One day I may actually get around to playing them. 

November 16, 2014 4:16 pm  #2768

Anki wrote:

Stuesue, I´m on level 12 in Finders and I have only one quest and that is to buy an upgraded tent. The upgraded tent isn´t available before level18. How can I level up if I have no quests?!

I have tried to "wait out " the game to see if I get more quests, but nothing happens. BTW I´m on the second island and have met the Yeti.

Anki, I'll have a look at Finders and see if I can trigger my memory.  I remember I had a few moments in the beginning.  Have you kept on collecting everything?  Which is the second island?  The snowy one?  Have you discovered all the secret caves?  What else is available to purchase in the store?  Have you even built the store on the second island?  You have to redo everything and build everything you had to on the first island.  Have you flown back to the first island to transfer what you can to the new island?  Have you continued to collect food, etc?  There's heaps to do other than just the quests.

November 16, 2014 4:24 pm  #2769

I have a question ...

Does anyone know what CE has little bell collectibles?  I betaed the game early this year and absolutely loved it.  It was 1 of only 2 games I've given full marks with no negative comments when I've completed the survey.  It seemed ready to be released so I'm not sure if I've missed it or if it has been delayed for some unknown reason.  I probably have it but haven't played it yet and not realised that it was that game.

November 16, 2014 6:55 pm  #2770

stusue wrote:

[
Wendy, in Imperial Island 2, when you need a certain amount of pearls, if you look at the oyster shells only special ones actually have pearls in them, so matching the empty shells doesn't count; only the shells with pearls inside them count towards your pearl count.  So, if you make a match with only one pearl, it only counts as 1 pearl, not the 3 shells that you've matched.

This is my "I'm so stupid" look.  It's still really tough, but at least I know what I'm doing now, I got it down to 7 pearls, but there weren't ever very many on the board.  Off to try again, thank you

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera