Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2014 1:21 am  #2751

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I have had to scale everything back so I bought an electric snow thrower, here's hoping it does the job.  I have a 6 car drive and I am not plowing the whole thing that's for sure, just one side will do.  Plus I have to do paths in the backyard for the dogs.  First I have to put the thing together and make sure it works.  That will be my Sunday chore, I have to work tomorrow. This job is pretty hard on me physically and my paycheques are pretty dismal.  I may have to go to the chiropractor to ease up some of the pain but that will eat one day's pay! I'm popping Tylenol 3 like candy.  I may have up my other pain meds to 3x a day but general if I take the afternoon dose I crash.  My other job the work may increase, if I can squeeze another 10 hrs a wk out of it I'll quit the second job.  I make more than twice the hourly rate of the second job at my main job.

Now I'll quit bitching and talk games:

I started M.T. Blackrow's Secret and I really love it.  It is gorgeous and the story plays out like movie.  so far the puzzles are pretty basic but enjoyable.  Lots of extras in the game.  Two thumbs up.  After this one I will be playing Secret Bunker (I have it and it's bumped to the top due to the love) and Inbetween Land from my challenge list.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 15, 2014 6:10 am  #2752

I have finished Manor Memoirs PE. I´m with you others that it was nothing special. Austin is better 
Lilyr, I didn´t like the choices of decorating either 

I also finished Origins - Elders of Time PE (I had the SE unplayed at BFG).It was OK, not fantastic. The HO-scenes were rather boring.

What will happen with all our bought games if  BFG is sold and they´re stop making PC games?! Is it time to download them all on discs   But it´s probably OK, all my old RA games are still on my GH account 

I really like the new emoticons   

Oscar, thanks for the pictures, there was a lot of snow!!!  We only had one day, just a little and now it´s the temperature that we use to have in september!

November 15, 2014 9:12 am  #2753

I just got into a crypt in (Myths of Orion) and the only thing i got for all my troubles was a turnip  I don't even need a turnip.  What will I possibly be using a turnip for I don't even remember what I'm doing cause I waited for hubby to do a puzzle for me but I kept forgetting to ask him to do it so it's been like 2 days since I played.  I got up this morning and he had it done for me.  There's also 2 collectables in this game and I haven't felt they were hard to spot but i don't have hardly any of them.
Is M T Blackrow from Gamehouse?  Haven't heard of it.  I like games like movies.
ETA: now I have bread to go with my turnip.  The HOs in this game have very grainy graphics.  And my monitor is on the way out, text pages like this are okay but when a game or a video is on there's sparkling pixels all over the place in weird patterns.  Between the blurry HOs and the sparkling pixels and my bad eyesight I feel like I'm really going blind.
ETA:  I'm done straining my eyes, I just had 3 HOs in a row, that's what's nice about GameHouse, I don't feel like I wasted anything by quitting the game in the middle of it.  I can just go find something I'll enjoy more.

Last edited by WendyDarling (November 15, 2014 9:29 am)

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 15, 2014 9:26 am  #2754

TiramaSue wrote:

WendyDarling wrote:

Just looked up the lawsuit, it's about somebody not realizing they were being charged for membership for 18 months.  When I got that first free game I made sure to look at what the game club membership was and how I could cancel it.  They don't try to hide anything from you.  I knew exactly what I was getting into.  They make it really easy to cancel membership, just hit the button.  And this person didn't complain for 18 months!  They refunded 12 months worth, but she filed a class action lawsuit anyway.  That's what I've read so far.

So this person didn't read anything before clicking away to get a game, didn't read the mail that is sent when you join the Game Club, didn't balance her credit card statement for 18 months and is out of pocket for $42.  Why not just go to small claims court if she needs that $42 so badly.  Sounds fishy.

Class action or not, what the attorney will be paid is more than what they will receive because this is a frivolous lawsuit and most likely, will be thrown out.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 15, 2014 10:01 am  #2755

Anki, you lucky girl!  I don't even feel like we had much of a summer this year.  Oh well soon enough it will be spring.  I find the time just flying by.

TiramaSue - your last line in the post tee quoted gave me a little giggle.

Wendy - sorry the MT is Mystery Trackers.  The cut scenes are very engrossing and wonderfully done imo.  I played this for a couple of hours last night, I couldn't pull myself away.

Manor Memoirs - definitely does not have the charm of Austin or even Joe. His grandson never bothered me.  I think I commented on the decorations at some time, especially that vile green lily padlike carpet! Ick.  I haven't even finished it. It's just something I go to for a mindless half hour.

I do wonder along with Anki about the games. What do you all do?  When I finish a game, I delete it from the GM.  Even though when I load it goes to an external hard drive I always seem to find fragments of the games elsewhere.  How does everyone else manage their games?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 15, 2014 10:02 am  #2756

I have to ask, what does everyone think of my sweet little avatar? Isn't he the cutest little thing?

Last edited by oscar66 (November 15, 2014 10:03 am)

November 15, 2014 10:37 am  #2757

oscar66 wrote:

I do wonder along with Anki about the games. What do you all do? When I finish a game, I delete it from the GM. Even though when I load it goes to an external hard drive I always seem to find fragments of the games elsewhere. How does everyone else manage their games?

Regarding teh sale of BF, at the present time, I'm doing nothing.  As things are now, you cannot save them to disc.  Vital info for unlocking the trial game gets stored in your registry, which is on your C drive.  You can download everything you own to an external drive, but vital bits are still going into your registry on your C drive. 

I play the game and delete it.  If I downloaded all 300+ games, my computer would run slower, defragging would take longer, etc.

If BFG decides to pull the plug on the download side, which I don't see happening in the near future, we will probably hear about it.  They could make arrangements with Amazon.com to allow continued access to purchased games, they could chnage how the games unlock allowing us to save to disk at that time.  They could do nothing (though I think it highly unlikely they would go this route).

I'm not going to spend hours making preparations for something that may not occur.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 15, 2014 11:57 am  #2758

oscar -- Thanks for clarifying  M T  BLACKROW'S SECRET.  It sounds like a game wotth having!   Please be careful with the Tylenol.  Fins crossed that you can quit the 2nd job.  A 6 car drive?  Wide enough for 6 cars?  I'm a bit confused.   Is that Tank or your other boy?  He is cute! 

wendy -- Yikes!  Hope you'll be able to get a new monitor. I can't imagine playing on that one.

I'm glad everyone else seems to share my feelings about MANOR MEMOIRS.

Like Tirama I'm just going to wait.  I can't imagine that BFG would NOT make the games available in some way.  That would justify a class action lawsuit!

November 15, 2014 12:33 pm  #2759

I'm not overly worried about it either, but still wonder what others do.  Like Tirama I am not keeping that many games kicking around choking up the works!

Lily, it is a long driveway, at least 4 long and at the top end I have space for two more on the side, there is a concrete pad.  I only have one vehicle though.  so I won't be clearing the side pad, which is where I have always parked.  That picture is puppy Winston. One of my favourites.  And I will, I am basically taking it when I get home from the job and the next morning.  Usually a script of 30 last me 6 months or more as I rarely take it. Not this time.

I just had my shutters installed and whatever they are made of it smells skunky!

November 15, 2014 12:56 pm  #2760

lilyr wrote:

Like Tirama I'm just going to wait.  I can't imagine that BFG would NOT make the games available in some way.  That would justify a class action lawsuit!

Right before I scrolled down I realized  M.T. was Mystery Tracker.  I've quit even demoing them, everybody else seems to love them so I've always bought them all but I've come to realize I don't like them.  It's all the back and forth, constantly.  I probably have a couple unplayed that I have no desire to even start.  I think I would enjoy my games more if I made my own map and notes, like in the old adventure game days.  It gets me a little more involved.  Rememer Zelda?  That was the first time I ever had to make a map.  It really was a groundbreaking video game, totally changed how games worked.
I hate to take those RX painkillers.  They always make me slightly .  I was in bad shape this spring when I started working.  My knees felt like jello with razor blades in it.  Usually I'm alright in a few weeks, but it took a few months this year.  I really need to do some yoga, my muscles need stretching.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera