Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2014 3:37 pm  #2741

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Well, you make me glad I'm out of Iowa.  I almost put on the AC today but I made a glass of limeade instead and now it's cooled off.  Florida's in the 70s all week, a little cool but I can handle it I have a jack russell and he doesn't mind the cold at all.  Cold water anyway.  We had him up in the New Hampshire mountains in mid-october with a high in the 50s and he spent most of the day in the river barking for us to throw rocks for him to swim after.  I had another dog that just loved clothes, you could tell she thought she was really special when she had some on.  My Chihuahua wouldn't mind a sweater when it gets cold but the jack grabs him by the sweater and shakes him around, seems to think he's a toy when he has clothes on
Still working on Myths of Orion on the desktop, it's good but not great, and Secret Bunker on the laptop.  I also have Imperial Island m3 going.   It got pretty hard pretty fast on the timed mode, before I got 10 boards I was running out of time.  It's like Spooky Bonus, you have several different objectives to meet, and I was always just short of one of them.  You can switch back and forth to relaxed, but I'm still in timed mode.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 14, 2014 3:38 pm  #2742

This one  is a zombie.
  sweating as Stusue said.
dead

I have the advantage because my iPad puts the word in versus the smilie before posting.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 14, 2014 3:46 pm  #2743

zombie ????

dead ????

Huh! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

November 14, 2014 3:50 pm  #2744

RN this is the view out my back door. You can't really tell but it is snowing quite heavily.

What kind of dog is Freya?  Mine don't require coats and it gets really cold.  One of them lies around in snow banks the other is nope give me that warm couch any old day.

This is the first snowfall and Tank just came in from a run around in it.

Last edited by oscar66 (November 14, 2014 3:51 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 14, 2014 3:55 pm  #2745

For all those mentioning Secret Bunker, I gave it my second highest rating in my review thread (it relates to a 5-star rating as I keep my highest accolade rating for my most fav games). 

There were so many things I loved about it but there were only 2 things I didn't ... it was too easy as you're told what to do all the time, and it was set in Russia and the 2 main protagonists had English names.  But, as I said in my review, the atmosphere and attention to detail really make up for any lack of challenge.  And I loved how real some of the things you had to do were, like tilting a lamp up before removing the bulb, and finding a record in a cupboard and having to put it on the table and remove the cover before putting it on the gramophone to play.

So have fun, everyone who's playing it or going to play it.  It's one game I'll definitely play again! 

November 14, 2014 4:01 pm  #2746

Hi Oscar!    How weird to have someone online when I'm online!

Oh, how I hope my place doesn't look like yours atm and won't until late on Christmas Eve, after I'm back home and can shovel. 

I'm not sure whether Tank is asking you never to do that to him again, please, or whether he's sorry you made him come back in and is begging to go back out again!

Last edited by stusue (November 14, 2014 4:02 pm)

November 14, 2014 4:08 pm  #2747

He always looks put out when you want to take a picture.  if he could sigh heavily he probably would.

November 14, 2014 4:18 pm  #2748

Well, I'm off to have brekkie with my mum.    Sorry, I don't normally have cake for breakfast but there's no emoticon for a normal breakfast. 

Have a lovely evening, fellow Finishers! 

November 14, 2014 4:40 pm  #2749

WendyDarling wrote:

Just looked up the lawsuit, it's about somebody not realizing they were being charged for membership for 18 months.  When I got that first free game I made sure to look at what the game club membership was and how I could cancel it.  They don't try to hide anything from you.  I knew exactly what I was getting into.  They make it really easy to cancel membership, just hit the button.  And this person didn't complain for 18 months!  They refunded 12 months worth, but she filed a class action lawsuit anyway.  That's what I've read so far.

So this person didn't read anything before clicking away to get a game, didn't read the mail that is sent when you join the Game Club, didn't balance her credit card statement for 18 months and is out of pocket for $42.  Why not just go to small claims court if she needs that $42 so badly.  Sounds fishy.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 14, 2014 5:07 pm  #2750

oscar -- Love your comment about Tank's "heavy sigh"!

wendy -- The Florida panhandle was 43 today! You must live much more south.  I'd like to know what kind of dog Freya is too.

stusue -- The shoveling thing is why I have a plow contract.  40? Yikes!!  Hope there won't be too many more days like that before you leave. {{{HUGS}}}

about the lawsuit -- You all must remember back when CCC was going strong and so many people thought the whole purpose of BFG was to afford them a free playground to make threads, post as much as they wanted to, etc.  There were always a few posts by people who didn't realize they had to uncheck the box.  But those would always be just a couple of months.  I'm with Tirama -- I think there is definitely something fishy about this lawsuit.  Probably just another person who took the flush personally and is trying to get back at BFG.

Board footera