Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2014 6:11 pm  #2711

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Wendy, I do that all the time.  I usually try to remember what I did in the game 'cause I know I will fall asleep fast; never have any trouble going to sleep, it's staying asleep that does me in.  Went to bed this morning @1:20am and without fail, started waking up about 5 or so.  Usually take a nap in the aft. when I get drowsy.

Finished a few of my oldie games, Azada: Ancient Magic (loved it); Hidden Expedition: Titanic (definitely dated but ok); Righteous Kill (this got panned) but ended up liking it because of the timer, go figure, made it more of a challenge to see if I could get them all, not bad for a DD; and started late last night,The Spirit of Wandering : The Legend (reason I was up late).  Also restarted Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show CE, since I love Mad Head Games, think I will play this series next.

Lilyr, you mentioned the end of HE: Titanic ~ were you talking about having to find the code for the safe, matching the numbers with various items scattered about.  Just happened to see somebody mention it in the forum, wish I hadn't, as it kind of took away the challenge of figuring out what to do. 

I'm guessing since I have a little more time on my hands now and the older games seem to be shorter, I'm going to be able to clear them out quicker, which is good; after looking at my schedule, I'm going to have to change my screen name to "Daily Deal Diva" because I went crazy buying those.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 10, 2014 8:29 pm  #2712

WendyDarling wrote:

I finished the Mask of Baragus game yesterday and it's out on BFG today.  I kind of gave a review but I've forgotten most of it already. 

Wendy, I checked out your review at BFG and, out of the 30 "informal reviews" posted in that thread, only 4 haven't been removed by a moderator, yours being one of them. 

I haven't played it yet as I haven't been able to download any GH games onto my laptop for the last month and only played a little bit of it when I downloaded it onto my old, very slooooooooooooooooow, did I say old? laptop.  But I liked what I played.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

November 10, 2014 8:35 pm  #2713

lilyr wrote:

Hi stusue!   The new smilies must have been very recent.  Oh boy!  I'll have fun using them!   

Hi, Lily

I can't wait until I'm back home and able to play games again (didn't finish a single game in October and none this month, either, being either way too busy with my family or as sick as a dog - I'm just getting over my 5th relapse since I've been here - and unable to play) and can start reviewing again.  I'll have heaps of fun using all the new emoticons in my reviews.  I'll have to go through again and decide which ones I'm going to use for which star rating.

November 10, 2014 8:41 pm  #2714

tee -- I haven't played HE: TITANIC in quite a while.  I figured out what went with what but, as I recall, I always ran out of air before I could get the safe open.

stusue -- I'm so sorry this trip has been so hard on you.  When will you get home?  I'm thinking after Christmas?

November 10, 2014 9:29 pm  #2715

lilyr wrote:

stusue -- I'm so sorry this trip has been so hard on you.  When will you get home?  I'm thinking after Christmas?

Thanks, Lily.  I'm just waiting for confirmation that I can leave 5 days later than planned (I'd hoped for more) to try and lessen the stress of everything I have to do before I go back home.  If it's confirmed I'll be en route and almost home 4 weeks from today. 

I've really gotta get out of this heat.

I'm hoping for a White Christmas at home this year.

November 11, 2014 12:44 am  #2716

We've already had some sprinkles of the white stuff.  I have to go get my snow tires put on Wednesday.

I have finished up Dark Cases The Blood Ruby.  It was a nice little game, nothing taxing.  I like the different twist on the HO and the puzzles were entertaining.  However, do not get the CE.  It is most definitely not worth it.  there are no achievements, no collectibles and the additional game play took me all of 20 minutes, no exaggeration either.  It is basically a prequel, but we already know how it came to be and it is totally unnecessary to the game.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 11, 2014 11:25 pm  #2717

Gotta say, I  the new icons.  Thanks, Tirama, if you were the one who made it happen.
I'm in the 90s in Spooky Bonus.  Had to switch to relaxed mode twice so far.  Cleared the boards but didn't get enough of the icons matched.  It's pretty hard to match 200 of them  it's the kind of M3 I like, with different goals for each board and it's decently hard.  They have a Xmas one, too, right?  Holiday Bonus?  It's made by the guy that made Fareway and Unwell Mel.  I really like the "feel" of his games.
I went to start Crime Solitaire but I had downloaded Crime Line so I started that.  it's not really a game, you get witness statements and pick the piece of evidence from the room for each statement.  Then they say it a little differently and you do it again.  Then it's summarized and you do it again.  After you interview 5 people you decide who the killer is and you put the evidence back to get him to confess.    Kind of boring but good for a wind down game before bed.  Then I did manage to get Crime Solitaire downloaded and started that one, too. 
Started writing this a bit ago, now I've just finished Spooky Bonus.  The last half dozen levels I had to do on relaxed mode, there's just no way to get them done in timed unless you're really, really lucky.  In addition to all the spiderwebs and stones you have to match one of the tiles 200 times.  It was a good game right until the last few levels, and since you can switch to relaxed I don't have any problem with having those few really hard levels, if you want a challenge, it certainly provides one  I'll have to check and see if Gamehouse has a "Bonus" pack.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 12, 2014 10:15 am  #2718

Morning all! 

I started Dark Ritual last night.  I'm actually quite enjoying it.  There are a lot of ho scenes and some very nice puzzles, easy but a wide assortment. The story is okay as well.  It has a nice self contained feel to sections.  I don't imagine it is very long, I feel like I'm near the mid point, so probably 3 hrs, which is a good length imo. 

This is one of my older games from the challenge section.

I'm expecting as American thanksgiving is approaching that there may be a good sale for Black Friday.  I have forgone the last few sales.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 13, 2014 12:40 am  #2719

I have to say, I am super-impressed with ALL OF YOU for being so good at playing your old games.  I have sooooo many games that I've gotten in just the past 2 years that my Game Manager groans in pain every time I open it.   I just never seem to have enough time, or the willingness to play any of them  (am I bored with gaming?).   I read somewhere someone saying they had "player's block" because they couldn't seem to be able to get in the mood for playing much.  Is that me?????  Have I got "player's block"?   OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe I need to start a "challenge" starting the first of the year.  Hopefully, it will give me some incentive to at least get ONE game a month played - lol.

Great job, everyone.  I am really impressed by all of you.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

November 13, 2014 10:27 am  #2720

freyasmom...Player's block  that's a good name for it.  I usually call that feeling Gamers' Burnout.  I think it hits us all sooner or later.  I find just naming a game to play here helps me stick with it until it is finished.

I went and bought Malwarebytes at the store for $30.00. (Thanks lilyr) You can d/l it free at cnet.com.  I was going to, but decided against it because I am gun shy on d/l stuff from the internet right now.  I don't even know how I got malware on my computer.  The only thing I can think of is that I had a update for Java and I d/l the update.  Of course, it is a family computer and I am not the only one who uses it so who knows what happened.

There was a bunch of programs on my computer and I don't know where they came from. They must have snuck on some way.  They are:

Stormfall
Geek Buddy
Advance Elite
Extended Update
My PC Backup
RegClean Pro
Driver Support

I am really hoping it is all taken care of now.  I priced around different places that remove malware and it ranged from $299.00 to $69.00.  The $299.00 is from Best Buy and it is up to 3 years and 3 computers which didn't sound too bad put that way.  Need to buy snowtires so can't pay that.  The $69.00 is the way I'll go if I'm still seeing a problem.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera