Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 4:24 pm  #2691

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Thank you sunshine and lilyr - it looks so cool and quiet, good place to get away to read or just think.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 5, 2014 11:30 pm  #2692

I've started The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus from Gamehouse.  i'm liking it.  We have to rescue our father's expedition that disappeared while looking for an ancient lost city, so nothing new plotwise, but they keep mentioning the father, which keeps me more involved.  I hate when our child/spouse/parent goes missing after a dramatic opening scene, we start the search, but then the missing person is just sort of forgotten as we're busy finding screwdrivers that have been locked away in intricate puzzle boxes.   So far we've been worried about our dad the whole time.  It has pretty obvious scarabs to collect and achievements, but I've had to skip a puzzle already, hubby wasn't around and I couldn't get all the lights turned on, usually I can.  I also got stuck on the one where you move the blocks/tiles around to get the one special tile out the slot on the side, I always get those but I had to call hubby in for help.  And the HOs are pretty hard considering the items are realistic, it just seems hard to pick them out and I dn't think I will get the 'so many items in x seconds achievement.
The inventory use is fun.  I'll be looking at whatever thinking I need a whatzit and I'll decide to try my whozit just cause I got nothing better to do, and it works!  There's also a necklace with special powers over in the corner, i keep forgetting I have it and then after I'm stuck awhile needing something I'll realize I can use my power necklace.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 6, 2014 1:07 am  #2693

And if it isn't the whozit or whatzit, you can always try the doohickey or the whatchamacallit!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 6, 2014 2:18 pm  #2694

I finished Shadows: Price of Our Sins.  It was a good long game.  Puzzles not too bad...had a to do a sukudu one using treats instead of numbers.  I did it part way got tired and exited out and it wasn't saved when I went back in, so I had to redo over again. 

Started Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood for one of mine November challenge games.  I don't know how I feel about it yet. Grandpa called from jungle saying he forgot to take a idol with him, so I have to drop everything to bring it out to him.   It took all of chapter 1 just to find items to pack up in a suitcase and leave the house.  Plenty of HO scenes. 

I decided to get Norton's help in removing Trojan.Poweliks!gm  You can talk to someone live.

i ♥ nirvana

November 6, 2014 3:34 pm  #2695

I've got KATE ARROW.  I'll have to dig out my purchase history to see if I finished it.

Hope Norton can get rid of that pesky trojan for you suneshinj.

November 7, 2014 10:04 am  #2696

I've been picking away at Evil Pumpkin.  I tend to only play in the evenings and if I'm not really really alert my brain isn't on point.  So far I've only put in a hour of play and I've not found the last piece of the map yet.  I did get my first gizmo though.  I'm having quite a bit of fun browsing about.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 7, 2014 11:36 am  #2697

lilyr wrote:

I've got KATE ARROW.  I'll have to dig out my purchase history to see if I finished it.

Hope Norton can get rid of that pesky trojan for you suneshinj.

After rebooting the computer many times last night and getting rid of 16 items.  The answer is nope I still have it.  Also, getting numerous adware & malware attacks which Norton says it is blocking.  I sure hope so.  Afraid to even turn on the computer. 

i ♥ nirvana

November 7, 2014 2:21 pm  #2698

I received an email from Playrix offering the CE of Fishdom: Depths of Time for $2.99.
https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/view
That probably means it will be out at BFG soon. 
I bought their last game, the fishdom 3d one, at the same price but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.  Do I want to spend another $3 on a game that I probably won't play for years?  It is a CE though...  Anyway, I tried to put the link in here in case anyone else wants it.

November 7, 2014 3:39 pm  #2699

"Uh, well here and cold! Darn Stromberg had to go here again and stop me.  We need to find a way to open this fall cold creatures and go on.  Whew, how cold here, I'm sorry I did not bring my kind of thing at the very beginning of my adventures".... from The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus.  A lot of the writing has been like this, I can understand it, barely, and it gives me a chuckle.

November 7, 2014 5:33 pm  #2700

sunshinej -- Sorry you've still got the Trojan and are getting more crap.  There's something called THE SECURITY TANGO that was devised by our local computer guru.  It's been around for years (updated frequently). It lists Malwarebytes along with a bunch of other programs to get rid of stuff.  (securitytango.com)  He's really very good and just taking bits and pieces of the whole program have really cleaned up things for me.  But maybe you'd feel better taking it in to people you trust.  Hope it gets resolved.

Board footera