Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 3, 2014 7:03 pm  #2681

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Just posted in the oldest game thread that I finished MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst and not sure how I feel about it. It was brilliant in parts in the game play but some of the stuff was downright weird and gross, if you ask me.  Just wonder what goes on in the brains of the guys who worked on that one.  Did like the actor who portrayed Charles as he was really creepy.  Only have one game left in my MCF marathon, Shadow Lake.

Finished The Stone of Destiny, one of my older games and it was a straight HOG with some easy puzzles, untangle the strings and sliders, which I both enjoy and an unusual "copy a symbol" which was different and you used the symbols at the end to place in a stone wall to open the last cave. Still working on Mystery in London, which is soooo long but will just play two or three locations at a time so I don't get sleepy.  Started Evil Pumpkin last week but after hearing all your thoughts, going to wait a bit to finish up some of my older ones first and then play it later.  Also started Azada: Ancient Magic this aft. and I know I will enjoy that one.  Decided to play a couple of my older ones but start a newer one at the same time so I don't forget what it's like to play something with awesome graphics.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 3, 2014 8:02 pm  #2682

I loved Escape.  When I walked into the living room of Charle's house and saw that spankiing machine I almost cried.  Of course he's going to be messed up coming from a home like that.  And I always felt he got a raw deal from the girlfriend (can't remember if it's Emma or Rose).  She was a nobody from America and he went against his upper class society even going out with her, much less proposing; it seems like she just strung him along then dumped him after he'd made a fool of  himself over her.  Like if Wallis Warfield Simpson would have told Edward she'd changed her mind after he gave up the throne.  It's not an excuse for soul sucking, but I do sympathize.  Am I a weirdo?  But I've loved all the Mystery Case Files and I always play them as soon as I get them.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 4, 2014 11:57 am  #2683

I started playing Shadows: Price of Our Sins before playing Evil Pumpkin and have picked it back up from where I left off. 
A long game with a interesting story attached to it.  I get stuck on where to go next, so it is nice the map has it marked down on where the action spots are located at.  In the mini games hitting the ? tells you the answer.  I didn't realize that at first until I wanted to read the instructions in a puzzle and said Hey! they are giving me the answer.  The most annoying part is in the HO scenes.  Too many items that you need to interact with.  Usually I don't mind, but right now my patience is on the thin side.

i ♥ nirvana

November 4, 2014 12:15 pm  #2684

Teeitup...I like your treehouse avatar and I was meaning to tell you that I also liked your Halloween witch avatar too.

wendy...I can't stop watching your frog do his little dance.  LoL

My poor computer is under attack.  The latest one is by Trojan.Poweliks!gm  Uh Oh, that doesn't sound good.   Norton keeps telling me that it is blocking it and then while doing a scan it told me to restart my computer and it put it into quarantine and the next day Norton found it again while doing a scan.  I really don't understand how all this works.  I think I need to take my computer in for a checkup.

i ♥ nirvana

November 4, 2014 1:14 pm  #2685

Wendy...I think it is Emma.  Rose was the sympathetic maid/housekeeper in Ravenhearst and in Return to Ravenhearst we learn that her husband listed her as missing plus their two young girls. I felt the most sorry about Rose and the girls.

i ♥ nirvana

November 4, 2014 3:27 pm  #2686

My frog came from Witch's Pranks.  You get several of them to use as avatars.  One of the neater extras I've seen included with a game.  I freed the first frog last night, on to the second one tonight.  I've just played a bit at a time but it seems really short.
I got some games downloaded that I had bought over the summer from Playrix.  For $2.99 each I got the CEs of Royal Envoy 3 and Campaign for the Crown and also Fishdom3 CE.
I love Puzzle Quest and I read about a similar game Puzzle Galatrix, something like that, and bought it on sale over the summer.  I just tried it out and I hate it.  You match 3 to fill up your weapons, shields, to level up, etc.  But in this one the board is hexagonal and the pieces move according to the direction you make your match in, and I just don't get the hang of it yet.  Put it aside for summer.

November 4, 2014 3:34 pm  #2687

Hubby put the desktop into old roommate's room, but he also made it into a man cave and has neighbors over quite a bit.  He hung up our dartboard yesterday.  As a result I don't get to use the desktop that much anymore and it's hard to decide which game to play on which machine.  I'd rather just have one HOPA going at a time, it's hard to keep track of two of them.  I'd rather play on desktop, the monitor is larger, but the only steady access I have is in the morning and i don't feel like concentrating in the mornings, that's when I usually play my FTPs, while I'm waking up.

November 4, 2014 5:11 pm  #2688

tee -- Love your treehouse.  I'd love to have one in RL.

wendy -- That is one energetic frog!  I never even demo'd EFR.  There were just oo many comments about how gross it was.  Have you decided not to get another roommmate?

sunshinej -- You can D/L Malwarebytes for free.  It's a  very safe and well-respected program. That's taken care of stuff on my computer.very sa

November 5, 2014 8:53 am  #2689

I started Fright last night.  It is very well done.  The puzzles seem a little different from the same old same old.  The live actors are integrated very well.  I'm not quite sure what the story is but it's been interesting.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 5, 2014 10:00 am  #2690

Thank you lilyr.  I'll take a look at Malwarebytes.  It makes a difference knowing that you used it and liked the outcome instead of me just downloading something blindly and maybe making the problem worse.

I updated the Developers List of Games to include Playrix on page 5.  I am debating on Fall of the New Age.  I played it free at Gamehouse, but think I want my own copy.

Last edited by sunshinej (November 5, 2014 10:01 am)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera