Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2014 8:10 am  #2661

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I've started Evil Pumpkin.  It is a gorgeous game, love the narration and the kookiness of it.  The puzzles so far have been engaging.  I did play on casual as I wanted the ho scenes, but there really is little direction in this game.  You definitely need to investigate and click on everything.  I am having a problem with a very laggy cursor, so that is kinda taking away from the enjoyment of it. Unfortunately. It is annoy to fuss around waiting for the cursor to catch up with what you are doing.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

October 30, 2014 9:21 am  #2662

I have been playing casual with Evil Pumpkin.  It's still plently difficult this way with the HO scenes.  I checked the forums once looking for help with the pump handle and checked the youtube walkthrough help twice with the puzzles.  The first puzzle was no help since even they on the walkthrough skipped it, so I had to too.  The second puzzle they figured out the answer, but even with knowing the answer I still had no idea how they came up with it.  ??
At least I was able to move onto chapter 5. 

Finding bats speeds up the hint button.  i haven't found many bats, instead I have been finding lots of candy.  My yard is looking very festive for Halloween.  I still need a few more items at the shop to buy.

That's too bad Oscar about the laggy cursor. Evil Pumpkin runs beautifully on my computer.  Well, this computer was made for gaming specifically because when we went to buy it, my son & his friend went with us and told us what we needed to get to make it fast for gaming. 

Those Mystery Masters dvd game discs are a good deal if you find them at retail stores.  Walmart no longer carries them.  I have only been finding them at Target now and you have to be lucky to catch them there.  As they get scooped up quick and their computer game section is so small now.  You can also buy them on ebay, but they are almost twice the price retail.

i ♥ nirvana

October 30, 2014 11:31 am  #2663

I've been slogging it out with Evil Pumpkin.  Right when I was going to quit i made it through the door in the basement so i stuck around.  I have slow scene loading but the cursor is working pretty well.  I'm using the youtube videos, too, can't find much else out there to help.  I've had to skip multiple mini games, either I don't know what they want or I can't accomplish it.  Those verses at the bottom don't always help very much.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

October 30, 2014 12:06 pm  #2664

I'm playing Gizmos: Spooky Adventures and finding it very challenging to get them completed within the time needed for the achievements.

I've managed to get all gold on the first 20, which were either 10x10 or 15x15 boards.  The next 20 are 20x20 boards.  I think I've finished about 15 of time but only have gold on half of them.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 30, 2014 6:45 pm  #2665

I'm not really sure what the issue with the cursor is.  Mine is a gaming one too that I had built about a year ago, and I just updated my graphics driver yesterday, everything looks great, damn cursor!  I looked in the options and there isn't any change available.  I'll just persevere. It's a pita though. Not sure I'll get any playing done tonight I'm pooped after work today. I wore my little spider earrings and an orange shirt, my Halloween costume,lol.  The narrator has a great voice.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

October 30, 2014 10:20 pm  #2666

I managed to finish Evil Pumpkin.  Hated it the whole way through.  I've never skipped so many puzzles in my life, but I had no idea what they wanted.  Glad it's over, glad I didn't buy it.  Have no plans to play it next year.  
I started Witches Pranks, I'm liking it a whole lot better.

October 31, 2014 9:57 am  #2667

My daughter is leaving on monday so we buckled down and finished Puppetshow: Return to Joyville last night. Was a pretty good game and we both enjoyed it. Days would go by before we would sit down again to play and you do feel lost at first when you pick it back up again. It made it tougher that way, but at least we knew why we were doing what we were doing.

I finished Evil Pumpkin this morning. I am disappointed that I didn't get the PE. With the SE you go from escaping the labyrinth after letting the Halloween guy escape to fighting him at the dollhouse. Everything in between is not there. No going back into town or anything else.

Wendy...Well, at least you can say you played it and it's a good thing that you didn't have to buy it.

Last edited by sunshinej (October 31, 2014 12:34 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

October 31, 2014 10:32 am  #2668

Still playing Gizmos: Spooky Adventures.   I've finished 45 boards, but have to replay a bunch of them if I want to get gold instead of silver.  Boards are still 20x20.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 31, 2014 8:03 pm  #2669

I'm playing Gizmos Spooky Adventure, Cursed House, and Spooky Bonus, mostly Cursed House.  I forgot how much I love it.  And the music is soooo good.
We didn't get hardly any trick or treaters and we live in a trailer park with lots of kids.  Guess times are a changin'.

October 31, 2014 9:33 pm  #2670

It's going to take me until next Halloween to get gold on all the boards.

I've finished 55 boards out of 120 (I think).   Board 56 starts the 25x25 boards.  So far there hasn't ben anyplace you have to guess.

Board footera