Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2014 11:05 am  #2331

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Firstly - I do have the CE of Lost Souls that you are asking about Sun, but haven't played it so...I dunno no! I did not enjoy Phantom Tide as much as the other two.  And I have yet to play the Mythic games although I have them all.

I bought 9 games in August and finished 9 games.  Two from the oldest game challenge.

I think I will go ahead and get the 12 games.  I won't have to pay for them until October, and then I shall resist getting anything until the Xmas sale.  Quarterly splurges.  Plus I'll have all those credits for SEs.  I'll put my bought list in the List section.  I'm off to shop!

The winter will be spent, gaming, quilting, painting the house, reading and watching tv. (well and working too)  And I have to get into a work out routine.  Once I have the house to myself I plan on turning the family room into my area with all my gaming systems and be able to use my DVD workouts and my XBox dance games in there.  I'm down 8lbs as of today!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 1, 2014 11:32 am  #2332

Well I did it, and added another two besides.  I think I will be dling all day.   I added the new Dana Knightstone.  While I found the last couple not as much of a challenge as the first couple I do like the story aspects and look of the games.  Plus Witches Legacy.  So I got 9 coupons as well, and two punches on my new card.  I could use those nine pccs in a snap.

I hadn't laid out much in a big purchase since June.  I wonder how BFG finds purchasing with the BPM.  I know I seem to make big purchases quarterly and my credits and PCCs carry me thru the inbetween months.  I do take advantage of the odd sale or DD/COW. And usually Monday purchases.  I found the site a little slow today. I'm assuming there is some high traffic today.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 1, 2014 2:51 pm  #2333

August was bad.  I bought 6 games and only finished ONE!

Today I bought 4 CEs and one SE.  Now I have to find another SE to finish a card.

September 1, 2014 4:11 pm  #2334

A Facebook BFG friend gave me a coupon and I acquired New York Mysteries: Secret of the Mafia with it.  I really want to play it but won't be able to download til I'm home.  I haven't played a 'real' game all week, it's a busy, busy week so just checked in on my FTPs.  I'm partway through Surface the Soaring City CE, but I can't remember if I finished the main game yet or if I"m in the bonus.  I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
  Hubby called me with the news that our roommate bailed on us, our lease goes until the end of January but we can't afford it by ourselves.  Well, actually we can but it will take almost all my spare money.   Don't quite know what we're going to do.  I hate my life.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 1, 2014 5:20 pm  #2335

awww Wendy.  Sorry about the roommate.  Maybe you can find another for a few months?

I just had something weird happen.  I bought REFLECTIONS OF LIFE:  TREE OF DREAMS CE today.  I have a database that I enter games in, make comments, check off those that I've played, etc.  I went to   plug it in and saw that I had PAINTED BEAUTIES.  I checked my purchase history and it shows the SE of TREE OF DREAMS  as purchased 7/21/2014.  I don't think so because the CE came out then.  I can't find PAINTED BEAUTIES anywhere.  No forum for it, nothing.  I'm sure some of you said you have it and have played it.  I sent a ticket to CS.

Last edited by lilyr (September 1, 2014 5:22 pm)

September 1, 2014 5:37 pm  #2336

Lily, the full name of the game is Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties.  Did you look under that?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 1, 2014 5:48 pm  #2337

Thanks Tirama.  For some reason I had it listed under RofL.  I just checked and it is there.  I'm still pretty puzzled about why I show the SE of TREE OF DREAMS in my purchase history.

September 1, 2014 6:02 pm  #2338

lilyr wrote:

Thanks Tirama.  For some reason I had it listed under RofL.  I just checked and it is there.  I'm still pretty puzzled about why I show the SE of TREE OF DREAMS in my purchase history.

That SE was released on July 21 (available to game club members the day before)  The CE was released June 22.  What is the date your purchase history shows for you buying the SE of Tree of Dreams?  On July 23, there was an SE BOGO.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 1, 2014 8:14 pm  #2339

oscar66 wrote:

Firstly - I do have the CE of Lost Souls that you are asking about Sun, but haven't played it so...I dunno no! I did not enjoy Phantom Tide as much as the other two.  And I have yet to play the Mythic games although I have them all.

I could have sworn lilyr was asking opinions about whether to get the CE or SE of Lost Souls and my answer was relating to that, but now I don't see her post at all now. 

I demo'd Phantom Tide and didn't care for the water so I went with Myths of the World: Of Fiends & Fairies instead.

Oscar...Congrats on losing the 8 pounds.  Way to go!

i ♥ nirvana

September 1, 2014 8:33 pm  #2340

wendy...Sorry to hear about the lost roommate.  I don't know if you heard of Feng Shui or not.  When you get back home try sprucing up the helpful people or wealth section of your trailer to see if it would help you.  Plenty of books on the subject to learn more and to find out where those sections are located in your trailer.  Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life by Karen Rauch Carter is a good one for beginers. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera