Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2014 9:34 am  #2321

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

morning all!  Yippee a two for one.  I think I will have to have a little spending spree.  My budget starting next month is going to be very tight.  So many games to debate CE or SE.  I do like my CEs with all the bells and whistles.  Decisions decisions.

Lily/Barre - it was the first Lost Souls that I finished and it was very good.  Just the SE version.  And I liked how you got to finish off a painting and that it told you when sections were cleared and how much was left in each area.

Sun - I haven't played the second one, but I did get the CE.  But I'm a CE sucker.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 29, 2014 9:42 am  #2322

Thanks oscar.  I know how I'll be spending part of my weekend -- checking out games! 

August 29, 2014 9:45 am  #2323

Yes.  A true BOGO and it lasts 4 days, so we know the codes will work Monday.  Good sale for people who want to finish their August punch cards, good sale for people who want to wait until September to start a new punch card.

I'm waiting until Monday.  Just have to decide how many games to get and how to make things work out evenly.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 29, 2014 11:28 pm  #2324

For those that want it, Manor Memoirs CE is $2.99 on the Playrix site this weekend.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 30, 2014 9:05 am  #2325

I have only 10 more levels to do and then I can call Big Kahuna Reef 3 finished.  I'm not going to bother playing the tiki challenge levels, the game is just too sluggish and a bit picky-clicky.

Wish I were finishing more games, but I'm pleased that, if I own it,  I have finished all the games mentioned in sunshine's challenge thread.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 30, 2014 1:55 pm  #2326

Crap - I have 12 CEs I'd like to get.  I'd get 8 freebies if I buy Monday, so 20 games in total.  Hmm I can't think where I could be entertained for over 3 hours for around $4.  I am trying mightily to justify spending $84.

August 30, 2014 2:21 pm  #2327

I'm calling BKR3 done.  I'm on level 142 out of 150 and on this level, the game keeps freezing.  I'm making matches, but nothing happens to them, they just remain on the board.  I've restarted the level about a dozen times without being able to get anywhere close to completion before it freezes up.

August 30, 2014 4:24 pm  #2328

I finished The Other Side Tower of Souls,  it was very good.  Very entertaining and visually great.  I did find a couple of glitches re the achievements for me anyways.  I didn't get the borrowed hand or magic elixir ones, which you have to do to progress so I don't know why they didn't register.  As well I found in the thimble game you couldn't click right on the thimble , I had to click a little to the left or it lifted the one next to it.  All in all though fabulous.  I played on the hard mode and choose to beleive the little girl.  Maybe next time I'll choose the other ending to see what happens.  Wonderful game!  If anyone chooses to play it, there are paws in the HO and in the regular scenes.

September 1, 2014 8:42 am  #2329

Wow oscar!  12 CEs?  Let us know what you get.  I looked at a bunch of games yesterday and I either have them or the SE will be good enough.  I'm struggling to find 2 more CEs.

September 1, 2014 8:49 am  #2330

lilyr...I am debating about that one myself.  Playing a 5th book about Jack & Rose on Titanic sounds like fun and I want to see how it compares to the movie, so I am leaning towards getting the CE.  However,I only have 1 credit and so am just getting 2 SE games. 

I was thinking about getting these 2 games.
Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide
Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone  since I liked doing the beta on their second game.  Mythic Wonders: The Child of Prophecy.

Does anyone check out the videos to the games.  If you come across Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment be sure to check out the video.  So professionally done and exciting looking,  has a narrator and everything.  Reminds me so much of a movie trailer and if it was a movie I'd go and see it. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera