Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2014 7:38 am  #2281

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

That's okay Tirama.  My intention was to give myself a boost in playing these old games by naming them and playing them within a time limit so I could be sure to finish them.  I opened it up to anyone else who wanted to cross off some of their old or difficult games that they kept passing over too.   

i ♥ nirvana

August 22, 2014 5:29 pm  #2282

Sunshine, this is a great idea and fits well with the initial premise of this forum.  I've actually been doing this myself to an extent ever since I finished Fate's Carnival.  Decided to play all the MCF games in order as there are some of those I'd never finished or played.  I've finished Huntsville, Prime Suspects, Ravenhearst and am on Madame Fate now.  Never got the last tent opened because I didn't find enough of the morphing items and it looks like it may happen again (dang it) so will probably replay it again (bound and determined to finish it entirely).  I'm like lilyr as some of my oldest unfinished games go back to 2009.

I've finished quite a few since I finished Fate's Carnival  and decided to do my MCF challenge ~ The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus(ok), Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland(blah), City Style(repetitious), The Other Side: Tower of Souls(ok), Fatal Passion: Art Prison (ok).  Also started Emerald Tale and Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show CE.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

August 24, 2014 2:31 am  #2283

I actually tried to play my oldest unplayed game aka Kuros but now that I updated my computer, the game kept having errors like I clicked on a bird's head statue and it got stuck to the cursor and even when I signed out and came back in it was there sigh lol Sooo if I want to play that game I am going to have to attempt it on my mom's laptop with the old operating system...I also have some weird puzzle games that would take forever to play...I finally did Avenue Flo & the sequel Special Delivery so I am sort of making progress on the oldies...

I saw the bundle sale on gamehouse and wanted to kick myself as I recently bought most of the games in those pack! what a deal that would have been! I also saw the bundle of gardens inc games AFTER I bought the 2 on BFG lol I haven't bought any games for a couple months so hopefully I'll get to find a bundle that suits me haha I see gamehouse has a 2 week trial and Im tempted to do it since I want to play a lot of their games but don't really want to buy any I've played recently. I also want the Platinum Edition of Gardens Inc the road to fame lol I saw I had missed additional levels and my love for that game knows no bounds haha

I am currently still doing betas and playing Gardens Inc From Rakes to Riches along with some Frozen Beauty game. It has a cutesy helper as its a little outdated I believe and coins to collect but I like it. Save your sister from the evil witch who killed your mother!

I know I should have stayed out of that madness on the puppetshow forum but since it wasnt shut down amazingly I said something although in hindsight I shouldnt have gotten into it. A bad late night decision haha

I still havent played fates carnival sigh...I have soo many to play now and not as much time. I miss my gaming time

August 24, 2014 7:18 am  #2284

I almost had Mind Snares: Alice's Journey completed last night until I ran into a problem with the ending.  I had the last piece, but the game wouldn't let me get to the spot to place it.  Looked in the forums so others with the same problem and saw that there was a new build addressing this problem. so deleted old game, re d/l load new game and started a new profile.  This time around I think game is going to work until the end, because the accievement button is also working too.  I got my fingers crossed that I can see the ending of this game.

Meg..I too, put in my two cents in the Puppetshow forum.  I also like cbtx's reviews along with steve-san.

i ♥ nirvana

August 24, 2014 2:14 pm  #2285

Did you and meg have comments in the review thread?  I didn't read all the threads but I didn't see them there.

I was so excited to see MANOR MEMOIRS  as a CE.  Then I read the reviews and looked at the game.  I'm not sure it's worth double.  Still thinking about this one.

August 25, 2014 2:23 am  #2286

I've just finished The Other Side - Tower of  Souls.  7 hours of sheer brilliance!  What a fantastic game!  I know that Tee only thought it was "ok" but wow, what a stupendous game!

If you want lots of hard puzzles, challenging HOPs, really funny and different comments (both different to other games and lots of different ones in the game), fantastic graphics, smooth gameplay, super attention to detail, some really fun moments, with some challenging achievements, an unknown number of collectibles (there's an achievement for getting 100 but I got about 105 and still couldn't buy everything in the shop), and 3 - yes, three, it wasn't a typo - endings, then play this fantastic game!  It's now one of my favs.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 25, 2014 8:55 am  #2287

lilyr wrote:

Did you and meg have comments in the review thread?  I didn't read all the threads but I didn't see them there.

I was so excited to see MANOR MEMOIRS  as a CE.  Then I read the reviews and looked at the game.  I'm not sure it's worth double.  Still thinking about this one.

Well, now everybody knows why the other games like this weren't offered on BF in CE format. 

People complain bitterly when a game is available as a CE elsewhere and not at BF, but also complain just as much about games not being CE worthy.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 25, 2014 9:52 am  #2288

I just saw Tirama's sale list for today.  MANOR MEMOIRS bundle?  I went and looked and saw a game called FALL OF THE NEW AGE.  Has anyone played this?  I don't have time to demo it right now  but it sounds intriguing.  No WT that I can find but the reviews make me think I might be able to do it without one.

Speaking of WTs -- Has anyone been able to figure out how the heck the new GAMEZEBO works?  It sure isn't as user friendly as the old version!  

August 25, 2014 10:15 am  #2289

I haven't visited Gamezebo in ages.  It hadn't been reviewing many HOPA's or other games sold on BF.  When I need a walk through and BF doesn't have it, I just google the game name and the word walk through to see what I can find.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 25, 2014 12:37 pm  #2290

lilyr wrote:

lilyr...No, it was in Flounder's thread in the Puppetshow forum.  Valdy made a comment how she wouldn't do anymore reviews at BF because she thought Steve_San was picking on one of her earlier reviews. There were 5-6 main commenters.  The word bully was tossed about like a volleyball on the beach.  I made 3 comments myself.  2 were nice and last one was a little bit snarky. 

Gamezebo is so unfinished looking.  For me it is a white page with green words (Close, Home,  Reviews, Upcoming and etc. ) on the far left side.  Is that how it shows up for you?

I played Fall of the New Age and I think Barre has also.  It was a really good game.  Not very many HOs, maybe 3-4 of them and they were done in a really unique way.  More adventure type game.  I don't remember it being difficult to do and I think the hint button was enough when stuck.  I do remember that there was a glitch in game.  Maybe it has been fixed now, where in a window well there was 2 items to get and if you just got 1 you couldn't go back to get the other.  I had to restart it.

Meg...I hope you weren't close to the area that got hit by the earthquake.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 25, 2014 12:43 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera