Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2014 6:26 am  #2201

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I just demoed and then bought (for 59 cents) the most unusual HOG I've ever seen.  It's not available at BFG and I don't think it will be, considering it was released by GameHouse in 2010 (they were the publisher).  But it's worth taking a look if you're interested, as it's available through Monday at GameHouse for $1.99 for non-members, $1.19 for members, but both less a further 50% if you use the code DOG14.

Sunset Studio - Behind the Scenes!

Roll the cameras on some of the biggest blockbusters in Sunset Studio - Behind the Scenes!, a first-of-its-kind 3D experience with your favorite movies!

The greatest directors in the business are looking for a little movie magic to help film their latest hits. As their newest cameraperson, you've been entrusted to shoot the scenes, while also running them smoothly. But with difficult actors, busy sets and other "only-in-Hollywood" emergencies threatening to send the films over budget and off-schedule, this is going to take one Oscar-worthy performance in itself.

Visit eight movie sets around the world filming Sci-Fi epics, Western adventures, romantic Musicals and more to keep the films on track for a perfect premiere. Solve puzzles, play fun mini-games, and in a uniquely fresh twist, search for hidden objects in real 3D environments! Challenge your mind and memory while you try to keep track of the same scene using multiple camera angles. Each allows you to fully explore all of the nooks and crannies of a working set while the movie is being filmed. Can you call the right shots and make your reputation as a filmmaker grow?

*    Make movie magic in this 3D Hidden Object experience.
    *    Work on eight different film sets around the world.
    *    Keep track of the same scene using multiple camera angles.
    *    Explore every nook and cranny while the movie is being filmed.
    *    Learn fun facts from your favorite Hollywood blockbusters. 

[url]http://www.gamehouse.com/download-games/sunset-studio-behind-the-scenes![/url]

The 3D graphics are very basic but I found it fun to go from camera to camera to find what I needed to find, trying to remember where things were that I'd seen previously and that were now on the list.  It hasn't got brilliant graphics and there's no adventure - although there are some minigames - but it's different and thus interesting.  I finished Paris, which is one of the 8 cities you can do.  There were 4 Takes (film lingo) in Paris and you earn up to 5 stars in each Take if you find enough objects, squish enough bugs, and get rid of enough toys before the timer runs out (I didn't have any problems and always got 5 stars, even though I never found all the objects).  There are achievements and one of them is to find all the objects within 2 minutes.  I doubt I'd ever manage to get that one! 

You can demo it for an hour if you'd like to try a very different HOG.

Last edited by stusue (August 9, 2014 6:36 am)

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 9, 2014 6:34 am  #2202

Today's  FREE  game at  Game Giveaway of the Day  is:

Season Match 3: Curse of the Witch Crow

Enter a magical fairy-tale world and overcome the evil Crow Witch! After the Crow Witch captures the Months, the world may never see a New Year again! Help her desperate captives escape using your Match 3 talents! Master minigames and find helpful items in Hidden Object scenes in Season Match 3: Curse of the Witch Crow. Free the Months and save the day!

*    Exciting gameplay;
    *    Exciting gameplay;
    *    Overcome the evil Crow Witch! 

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/season-match-curse/

August 9, 2014 6:47 am  #2203

oscar66 wrote:

I set up a GH account the other day going to,go for the free trial and it gives you one of the Emily games as a freebie for the account. But my Norton would not allow me to dl it.

Oscar, I've heard that Norton often gives false virus positives when downloading games (BFG and GameHouse forums).  I'm not sure what it's called in Norton but I have Avira and if I'm having problems downloading a game I turn off its Real-Time Protection and then try to download the game.  It's worked for me before so you could try that with Norton.  It was also suggested to me by both BFG and GameHouse CS techies as one of the first things to try to fix the problem.

Did you actually try the free trial?  If you're at all interested in the cheap FunPass deal there are currently 77 subscriptions left at the sale price of $69.99 for one year instead of the usual $99.99.

August 9, 2014 9:54 am  #2204

I didn't try the free trial as of yet.  I'm always reluctant to turn off the virus software, but yes I can dl when I do.  Looking at GH I don't see anything about the sale and no way to actually buy any fun pass without completing the trial and the they charge you automatically.  I'm just not seeing where to do it.  I was trying to decide if i could squeeze it in the budget or not.  I have had to cancel my newspaper and my one mag, so technically I could.  But I'm still on the fence. Many changes in my lifestyle so I have to weigh it out.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 9, 2014 1:15 pm  #2205

The weather continues to be dismal, so hot and sticky in the morning, thunderstorms in the afternoon.  The one day it didn't rain, the gardeners were around mowing and trimming.  It was slow going, everything has grown so much from the rain, I thought they would need to use machetes.

I so want to play a CE, but circumstances seem to dictate that I only play games that can be picked up and dropped easily.  Did manage to fit in some time to listen to the BBC and worked on Jigsaw Galore, which was very restful and soothing.

Some of the malls around here allow you to bring your small pets shopping with you if you carry them or if they are contained.  We bought Tiffany a carriage (pink), mostly because some of the neighbors have them and said that their dogs are more comfortable in them during thunderstorms.  It does seem to be working, I can put the carriage next to my chair instead of having to hold Tiffany on my lap.  She also enjoys going shopping.  I'll post photo later.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 9, 2014 4:56 pm  #2206

oscar66 wrote:

I didn't try the free trial as of yet. I'm always reluctant to turn off the virus software, but yes I can dl when I do. Looking at GH I don't see anything about the sale and no way to actually buy any fun pass without completing the trial and the they charge you automatically. I'm just not seeing where to do it. I was trying to decide if i could squeeze it in the budget or not. I have had to cancel my newspaper and my one mag, so technically I could. But I'm still on the fence. Many changes in my lifestyle so I have to weigh it out.

Oscar, you have to use the link I originally posted as after I'd found it they changed the special to their weekend 50% off sale and the FunPass sale disappeared. 

I just checked and there are still 47 subscriptions at the sale price of $69.99 left.

http://www.gamehouse.com/promotions/template4#l=103&p=280000188

August 9, 2014 5:01 pm  #2207

Tirama, sorry about the awful weather you're still having!  Here in Sydney, in winter, it continues to be around 20 C every day and sun, sun, sun! 
I can't wait to see the photo of Tiffany in her new, pretty pink carriage! 

August 9, 2014 6:14 pm  #2208

stusue wrote:

Tirama, sorry about the awful weather you're still having!  Here in Sydney, in winter, it continues to be around 20 C every day and sun, sun, sun! 
I can't wait to see the photo of Tiffany in her new, pretty pink carriage! 

Photo has been posted in the Hair Bow thread

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 10, 2014 9:01 am  #2209

I finished off Haunted Manor Painted Beauties CE.  He was a good game but it definitely is one of those games that required note taking to remember where to use things otherwise yes, a lot of wandering around.  I must say in the forum for this game I read one of what I considered the most condescending posts under the guise of being helpful of course.  Lol

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 10, 2014 9:29 am  #2210

oscar66 wrote:

I must say in the forum for this game I read one of what I considered the most condescending posts under the guise of being helpful of course. Lol

Which thread is the post in?

Board footera