Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2014 9:25 pm  #2191

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Just finished 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull and what a hoot it was!  I loved some of the new things they've incorporated.  Only one achievement still to get - beating the developer's score 5 times - I've only managed 3 times so far.  Other than that, I've got gold on every level, finished all the jigsaws, all the extra levels, and got all the achievements bar that one.

It's definitely going on my PCC list at GH as my BFG PCCs are reserved for SEs of CEs.  

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 8, 2014 10:27 am  #2192

Tirama - I loaded AK

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 8, 2014 10:37 am  #2193

I'm going to download AK tonight.  As I recall,  you can request friends at around level 6 and it doesn't take that long to get there.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 8, 2014 7:19 pm  #2194

I'm not sure if anyone's interested, but GameHouse has a 30% off sale on it's FunPass subscription.  It's currently $69.99 for a year instead of $99.99.  As I type this there are only 118 subscriptions at this price left.

http://www.gamehouse.com/promotions/template4#l=103&p=280000188

The FunPass subscription includes being able to play the full version of 99.99% of the games offered (there are only a few that I know of that you can't play) whenever you want, as well as one coupon per month to get any game you want to keep, which is good for both SEs and PEs (the GameHouse version of CEs). 

You also get your first 2 stamps stamped on your punch card every time you start a new one.  This means that you only need 4 punches to get a PCC for any game, including PEs, and, just like at BFG, SEs are worth 1 punch and PEs are worth 3.  I often get the sale games when there's a 50% sale on and thus sometimes get 4 games for 59 cents each, which gives me a free coupon to get a free PE.  You can't beat that.  You also have 6 months to fill a punch card; you don't have to fill them by the end of the month as at BFG.

So, for $5.83 per month (although you have to pay the full $69.99 up front), you get to play as many of the games offered by GameHouse as you want - there's no limit to how many you play - as well as get one free game every month - SE or PE - as well as the usual 30% discount on all their regular games if you want to actually purchase any (thus SEs are either $5.99 or $6.99, PEs are either $11.99 or $13.99, depending on the game), plus the first 2 punches are stamped on each punch card that you can take 6 months to fill (but only bought games count, not monthly or CS coupons, or PCCs). 

And any discount code also works for the weekly discount games, which, if you have a subscription, are either $1.19, $2.39 or $4.89 for PEs.  The current discounted games, until Monday, are:

$1.19 -
Gutterball - Golden Pin Bowling
Spirit Seasons - Little Ghost Story
Siberia - Kate Walker's Adventures  (brilliant price for one of the best ever LFA games)
Sunset Studio - Behind the Scenes
Wizard's Hat
Jojo's Fashion Show

$2.39 -
The Others  (I loved this one)
RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe
The Legend of Egypt - Jewel of the Gods  (I own and love this one)

$4.89 -
Sacra Terra - Kiss of Death - Platinum Edition
Big City Adventure - London - Platinum Edition
Kingdom Chronicles - Platinum Edition

GameHouse also has a 50% sale on this weekend, valid until end Sunday (but, just like BFG, normally also valid through Monday), so you can get all these discounted games, as well as all the usual ones, for 50% less).

Code:  DOG14

I've just checked, and there are now only 117 of the sale price FunPass subscriptions left, so get in quick if you're interested!

Now only 116 left.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 8, 2014 7:40 pm  #2195

I set up a GH account the other day going to,go for the free trial and it gives you one of the Emily games as a freebie for the account.  But my Norton would not allow me to dl it.

Tirama - I got to level 5 and can now add friends.  I have no idea where my code is to give to you though. 

Per Stusue's kudos, I have been playing Haunted Manor Painted Beauties and I do think it is more challenging than the average.  Lots of remembering because you do tend to travel all over the place.  I am not a note taker!   I am enjoying it.  The morphs and pearls are the collectibles and the morphs do take a little looking.  But yup lots of shoe leather used.  The map is a jump map but I think I am playing on expert and there is no task remaining indicators.  Probably because they would be fairly useless and you do return to scenes quite often as you progress to complete remaining tasks.   I think it will be a pretty long game.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 8, 2014 8:06 pm  #2196

Oscar - I just got the add a friend quest.  I'm playing as Berengaria and my friend code is 423483.  You find your code by clicking on your avatar.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 8, 2014 8:43 pm  #2197

Tirama -- You're Berengaria in AK?  

oscar -- I'd love to have yiou as a friend in AK.  I'm keeping that list short.

August 8, 2014 9:07 pm  #2198

lilyr wrote:

Tirama -- You're Berengaria in AK?  

oscar -- I'd love to have yiou as a friend in AK.  I'm keeping that list short.

I'm Berengaria in my iPad AK game.  If AK is like MC, you can only friend people who are playing on the same platform.  Guess I'll open my PC game (playing as Tirama) and see if I can friend myself.

August 8, 2014 10:42 pm  #2199

Thanks Tirama. I love the name Berengaria!  History major were you? 

August 8, 2014 10:44 pm  #2200

lilyr wrote:

Thanks Tirama. I love the name Berengaria!  History major were you? 

Math and computers, actually.  But I started reading anything I could find about Royalty back in high school.

Board footera