Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2014 4:17 am  #2171

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Question:

I downloaded a game from Game Giveaway of the Day to try it but didn't like it and wanted to uninstall it.  I can find the file under "Games" but when I tried to find the game under "Uninstall" on the C drive I couldn't find it. 

So, my question is, how can you uninstall a program when it isn't listed under "Uninstall"?  All I can do is right click and "Delete" it in the "Games" folder on C drive but, as far as I know, that doesn't uninstall it.

Any suggestions? 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 3, 2014 12:42 pm  #2172

Hmm, is the extension to the C drive?  I know that is a basic question but I install my games on an exterior drive.  Is it in your program files at all?

I played what I could of Witches Prank and thought it was a fun game.  Easy yes but as they say a jolly good time.  I loved the cartoony graphics.  I would pick it up as a daily deal or at another site for a reasonable price if I could get the whole game.  Psst, Stusue let me know if you see it go on sale at GH.

I started playing Dark Strokes The Legend of the Snow Kingdom.  It is nothing like the first Dark Strokes which I loved.  But this game has a very high fun factor for me.  it is beautiful and I am enjoying it immensely.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 3, 2014 4:09 pm  #2173

oscar66 wrote:

Hmm, is the extension to the C drive?  I know that is a basic question but I install my games on an exterior drive.  Is it in your program files at all? 

Oscar, to find the game folder I go to:

Start
Computer
Local Disk ( C: )
Games  (all the non-Playrix games I've downloaded from Game Giveaway of the Day are found here)

I can't find any of the non-Playrix games from GGotD listed on the Uninstall programs list, or under Start -->All Programs.  However, all the Playrix games I've got from GGotD are found both on the Uninstall list and in All Programs.  I find this really weird. 

So how can I uninstall all of these games, should I want to? 

August 3, 2014 4:19 pm  #2174

oscar66 wrote:

I played what I could of Witches Prank and thought it was a fun game.  Easy yes but as they say a jolly good time.  I loved the cartoony graphics.  I would pick it up as a daily deal or at another site for a reasonable price if I could get the whole game.  Psst, Stusue let me know if you see it go on sale at GH. 

Well, knock me down with a feather, OscarWitch's Pranks: Frogs Fortune just happens to be on sale at Legacy Games for $2.95 until Friday 8 August!!!!  I doubt it's the CE, though, as the normal price is $6.95, but you could download it to check if you wanted the CE, like at GameHouse. 

http://www.legacygames.com/download-games/473/PC/Witch%27s+Pranks%3A+Frog%27s+Fortune

But don't worry, I'll keep an eye out for you at GameHouse.  This weekend's sale at GameHouse is only 20% off. 

August 3, 2014 4:28 pm  #2175

Something weird just happened when I typed my last post.  I put some smiley faces in the middle of paragraphs, in between sentences, which I do all the time, but this time when I did it the following sentence in each case was moved down to a new line with a gap at the beginning.  Why did that suddenly happen? 

I put a smiley face at the end of the first sentence.    And the second sentence was moved down a line with a gap at the front. 

When I just previewed what I'd typed before submitting it, I noticed that there was an extra line between the paragraphs.  So it looks like there's an extra Return added after the smiley faces ! 

August 3, 2014 11:58 pm  #2176

I finished A Series of Unfortunate Events.  It's from the same developer that made Inspector Parker.

I played both modes (deductive and swap) in all 3 difficulty levels.  I like Inspector Parker better because the colors are brighter.  Not sure what I'll play next.

August 12 is the forum's 1 year anniversary.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 4, 2014 3:16 am  #2177

I've just posted a demo review of:

Witch Hunters: Full Moon Ceremony CE by Top Evidence Studio

Some of their other games are:

Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors  CE
Haunted Manor: Queen of Death CE
Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties CE
Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty CE

I liked what I played of the demo but wasn't wowed by the game and didn't think the Extras were worth double the cost to get the CE.  It's also supposed to be short.  And most of the reviews are very negative.

I decided to put it on my PCC list but not at the top.  However, after looking at their other games again, I remember that I loved Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties in spite of all the really negative reviews, so I may have another look at the demo.  I'll play it on my mum's computer and, as I won't have to continually stop to take notes for my demo review, I should get a better feel for the game.  I'll update my demo review if I change my mind.

Should you wish to read my full demo review you'll find it in my Demo Review thread.

August 4, 2014 3:29 am  #2178

Question 2:

Last time I was here in Sydney I got my mum onto playing M3s, like different Fishdom games and the Rainbow Web games, and jigsaw puzzles (previously she'd only played card games and those simple games when you get 100 games on a disc, if you know the ones I mean).  This time I've got her playing some easy TMs and pictograms.

I'd now like to show her some HOPAs but I'm not sure which would be some really interesting, easy ones for beginners.  Anyone got any ideas?  I thought of Legacy: Witch Island, which was very easy but fun, but I'd like some more suggestions if anyone has any.

August 4, 2014 4:41 pm  #2179

stusue wrote:

Question:

I downloaded a game from Game Giveaway of the Day to try it but didn't like it and wanted to uninstall it.  I can find the file under "Games" but when I tried to find the game under "Uninstall" on the C drive I couldn't find it. 

So, my question is, how can you uninstall a program when it isn't listed under "Uninstall"?  All I can do is right click and "Delete" it in the "Games" folder on C drive but, as far as I know, that doesn't uninstall it.

Any suggestions? 

Well,if I understend you want to delete game but you can not find it on C :/, then do the following:
My comp-search-and type in  name of the game - enter, and let the dog find it. when there is a game and the location  just mark it and delete.I forgot, first do this:
Start, Control Panel, Folder Options: View-hidden files and folders, and mark option: Show hidden files and folders

Last edited by mmiillaa (August 4, 2014 5:01 pm)

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

August 4, 2014 6:07 pm  #2180

mmiillaa, no, I can find the game folder on C: drive.  What I can't do is uninstall it.  I click on Start, then Computer, then up the top I click on Uninstall and all the programs are listed that I can uninstall.  Well, none of the non-Playrix games are listed there so I can't uninstall them.  I vaguely remember reading that just deleting a program doesn't actually fully uninstall it and that you should either use an uninstall program like the BFG GM has or you uninstall it from the Uninstall on C: drive.  But this I can't do.

Board footera