Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2014 11:59 pm  #2161

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

There's a post for a WT for that game on BFG too.  It will be a long time before i get around to it.  RL is going to be very busy in August. 

July 31, 2014 5:57 pm  #2162

I've been playing Rites of Passage Hide and Seek the last couple of evenings.  It has a great fun factor as far as I'm concerned. Not terribly difficult, but beautiful graphics, fun puzzles and HO scenes.  Lots of extras. It's an interesting story too.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

July 31, 2014 10:03 pm  #2163

I've just posted a full review of a game that's not yet available at BFG.  It was released by GameHouse last week.  It's by a new developer in Ukraine, as far as I can tell.  All I could find out was the company's location but nothing more. 

If this is their first game, wow, what an incredible start!!!!  It could so easily have been made into a CE - add some collectibles and/or morphing objects, a bonus chapter, achievements, and maybe replayable HOSs and puzzles, and you'd have a CE, as the graphics and gameplay were certainly, imho, of CE quality - at least as good as some of the CEs we've been offered. 

My recommendation and rating follows.  Should you wish to read my full review, you'll find it in my demo review thread.

Insane Cold - Back to the Ice Age - straight SE

My Recommendation:    I really liked this game!

I really, really liked playing this game and I loved the graphics and cutscenes!  I also liked the storyline, although I suppose it wasn't anything new or groundbreaking.  But it was fun wondering how you were going to melt the next lot of ice.  I also liked capturing all the souls in the amulet.  I found all the HOSs and puzzles great and loved doing them.  It's a thinky game, having to work out where to go next, and some of the puzzles were real thinky ones - but all were fun. 

My Rating:

I really liked playing this game

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 1, 2014 5:24 pm  #2164

Hi, Oscar

**  big wave and grin  **

August 1, 2014 5:30 pm  #2165

We must have crossed over there. 

Has anyone played Spirits of Mystery The Silver Arrow?  It popped up as a deal on my IPad and I thought hmm doesn't sound familiar and oddly I don't have it, there must have been a reason.  anyone have any comments.

OK I need some help.  My question mark is coming up as É!  what have I hitÉ

Last edited by oscar66 (August 1, 2014 5:32 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 1, 2014 5:39 pm  #2166

Sorry, Oscar, I have all the Spirits of Mystery games but I've only played the first 2, so can't help you there.  However, I got the CE so I must have liked the demo! 

As for your weird ?, it sounds like you accidently changed your keyboard to a foreign one.  I switch between English and German keyboards but I'm not sure how you could do it accidentally. 

August 1, 2014 6:44 pm  #2167

I fixed it. I had switched from English to French.

August 2, 2014 12:48 am  #2168

I finished Rite of Passage Hide and Seek CE and I really enjoyed it.  I got all the achievements and the big trophy at the end!  I almost gave up on two of the HO scenes trying to get the three gold stars but in the end I persevered.

August 2, 2014 8:12 am  #2169

Today's  FREE  game at  Game Giveaway of the Day  is:

Season Match 2

Bring the celebration of seasons back to the Fairytale Kingdom! Join forces with the Snow Queen and Princesses of Seasons to battle the despotic Prince January and save the Fairytale Kingdom from eternal winter! Solve clever puzzles to vanquish the forces of evil! Dazzle your senses with exciting hidden-object levels and thrilling minigames! The magical inhabitants of the Fairytale Kingdom are counting on you to deliver them from their icy oppression.

*    Strange, magical characters
    *    Unique, fantastical levelsUnlock powerful artifacts!
    *    Unlock powerful artifacts!

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/season-match-2/

August 2, 2014 3:16 pm  #2170

July was another dismal month for me.  I only finished 2 games.  I bought 12!!   6 SEs with PCCs and 6 CEs on the BOGOF sale.

Board footera