Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 5:27 pm  #11

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I've decided to play Mosaics Galore next.  I need a game that's easy to pick up and put down again and this will do very nicely.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2014 5:57 pm  #12

WOOT!! SPOOKY BONUS won Best Holiday-themed game in BFG 2013 awards and Best Match-3 in Casual Games awards!  Not bad for a one-man business!

January 1, 2014 9:31 pm  #13

Happy New Year everyone!

Well I haven't bought anything yet but I'm thinking about it.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 1, 2014 9:31 pm  #14

http://www.gamehouse.com/discount-deals?utm_campaign&utm_content=email_451137&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-SM&utm_term=email__

GameHouse sale games until 1/6.  I bought Nancy Drew Haunted Carousel and Kingdom Tales.  They're $1.99, but you can use the code 75discount for 75% off, I got them for 50 cents each  There's an Emily CE for $7, so less than $3 with the code.  They have a free game card sorta like BFGs, but better.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 2, 2014 12:13 am  #15

I haven't bought Spooky Bonus yet, I figure I'll wait until next fall.  I just finished Christmas Carol, that has my vote for best holiday themed game.  I loved it the whole way through.  The last part of it wasn't that great, but I still loved it.  I thought it was better than the Nutcracker.
After finishing that wonderful game, I don't know what to play next.  I think it will be one of the ones I got from the foreign language sites.  Okay, I've decided on Apothecarium, did the first HO scene, pretty neat with the morphs in there

January 2, 2014 12:37 am  #16

I finished Love Story the Way Home.  It was a nice game. but it doesn't make the other two must haves for me. I'm not sure what I'll play next, there are too many to choose from.  I'm glad I only bought two in this sale.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 2, 2014 1:22 am  #17

Wendy -- Did you ever get your other foreign purchases straightened out?  I remember a while ago you said you couldn't switch them over to the English version.

January 2, 2014 6:37 am  #18

I finished Ghost Whisperer: Forgotten Toys.  It reminds me of the first Murder, She Wrote game, but without v/o.  The ending they didn't leave the text up long enough to read, so I kept reading half sentences.  I would much rather read it at my leisure and than click to read the next part, instead of trying to speed read the whole ending.

I started another game that is similar called Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford.  I was playing while watching tv last night and the only games that will work on my XP laptop are these older no frill games. 

I also finished the first chapter of Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind.  I like being a private detective and love the time period of the late 1800's. It also has collectibles and achievements in the game and a built in walkthrough.  BF has this game as a SE.  Not sure if the SE version will have the bonus chapter.  I am playing this game through GameHouse.

Thanks Tirama for moving the developer's list of games to it's new spot.

i ♥ nirvana

January 2, 2014 6:57 am  #19

I bought Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond & Nearwood at the $1.99 sale.  Since these two games filled a card for me I also got Death at Cape Porto: A Dana Knightstone Novel SE for my free game.  I didn't get anything at the recent BOGO sale.

I counted up my 2013 games and it totaled up to 168 games.   I really need to slow it down considerably and that is another reason I didn't get anything yesterday.

i ♥ nirvana

January 2, 2014 9:02 am  #20

lilyr wrote:

Wendy -- Did you ever get your other foreign purchases straightened out?  I remember a while ago you said you couldn't switch them over to the English version.

It took me about an hour, thank god I have unlimited internet at home, but I finally got it.  Still no reply to my reply about it from CS but I've had so many problems lately maybe they decided to ignore me.  I just wanted them to tell me the best way to do it.

I have almost full energy in ART and Kingdoms so when hubby gets back from taking friend to school and goes back to sleep(hopefully), I'll sit down and maybe use a keepsake, I think I'm close to leveling up in both of them, too, so I'll keep going for awhile.

Board footera