Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2014 3:53 pm  #1611

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Darn!  i could have sworn there was a thread about what we bought in the BFG Memorial Day sale but I can't find it so I'll post here.

I got MYSTIKA 2 with a PCC.  I don't have any PCCs expiring until mid June now.

I bought 6 CEs:

MYSTERY OF UNICORN CASTLE: THE BEASTMASTER
LOST LANDS: DARK OVERLORD
LOST SOULS: TIMELESS FABLES
EUROPEAN MYSTERY: THE FACE OF ENVY
DARK STROKES: LEGEND OF THE SDNOW QUEEN
DARK TALES: EAP's FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER

There are some more CEs I want but I can wait.  I think GRIM TALES might end up being an SE.

May 27, 2014 9:09 am  #1612

I started Alex Hunter Lord of the Mind last night after I finished Overlord.  It's another winner! A lot of bang for your buck in this game.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 27, 2014 9:04 pm  #1613

Today I heard back from CS regarding losing all my data in Awakening Kingdoms.  Firstly, they reimbursed me for my pegacorn, $0.76 cents.... yeah, big deal !!!  They also gave me a coupon code for a free CE game of my choice, expiring 31 Dec. 2014 . ...at least that's something.  
Now they're curious why the cloud did not work and they want me to send them my save data for the game from my AK zipped folder in my computer.  I'll have to do it later when I'm free.

By the way, did anyone receive the 60% off CE coupon for d/ling Midnight Castle?  I think we were supposed to receive it this week, am I right?  I think I read that those who were already playing the game could uninstall and reinstall, and still be eligible for the coupon?  Actually I had already uninstalled the game earlier because I was having problems with it not closing every time I finished playing.  I installed it again just to get the coupon.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

May 28, 2014 12:43 am  #1614

No I haven't seen the coupon, but if it's anything like the last we'll have to chase it down ourselves.

Alex Hunter is a very long game.  I started it last night and played for at least 2 hours and again tonight for 2 hours and I feel like I am only about half way there if the special symbols are any sort of guideline.  I only have 18 of the 35 so far. I did skip two puzzles. one being the tile swap with four rotating at a time.  I really just do not find them fun.  For me they are just tedious and I get no enjoyment from solving them.  The other was one to get the fountain going which was just irritating me.  lol

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 28, 2014 9:21 am  #1615

Yes, this was the week to receive the 60% off coupon and I didn't receive mine either.  I d/l it, played some and left it on the computer just for good measure and still nothing yet.

barre...Your compensation for losing your game is small compared to all what you put into it timewise.  It's a real shame that happened. 

Anki...I hope all is well now at your house and everything is back to the way it should be.

i ♥ nirvana

May 28, 2014 9:44 am  #1616

oscar, I'm enjoying Alex Hunter too and loving it.  From the SG it looks like there are 3 bonus chapters and a Secret Room too?  What a fantastic deal this is for a SE.  I screwed up because there is an achievement for not using the jump map to move to locations but I didn't check it before, and I always use the jump map.  

sunshine, thanks....yes, time lost can never be regained and I spent months playing that game.  

I don't know what it is about the coupons....I didn't get the one for AK and now the one for MC is also missing.  I downloaded the new update for MC and so far it's looking good.  My game is working well again after the glitch I had where it wouldn't close after exiting.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

May 28, 2014 10:02 am  #1617

Has anyone played The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes before?  It's today's Daily Deal and it looks interesting...I'm just downloading it to have a look but I hate that it's almost the end of the month and I would have to start new card if I get it.

May 28, 2014 10:32 am  #1618

I played The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes.   I remember I had some glitches and a couple of restarts, but I liked it well enough to finish it.  One glitch was when I skipped the tutorial and a HOS didn't register and another time I skipped the intro and was missing some items out of my inventory.  Both times I had to delete and restart again.  Once I stopped skipping stuff the game worked well.  It meant I had to watch the intro every time I went to play it because I was afraid to skip over it again.  Maybe they have updated it since.  I think it is worth the $2.99.   Be prepared for a abrupt ending.

i ♥ nirvana

May 28, 2014 11:23 am  #1619

sunshine, thanks for the comment.  I have been playing the demo and I like it so far.  It may not have super sharp graphics but it fits into the atmosphere of the game.  I find it interesting, I like the music and even found a couple of morphing objects.  I also like that it has lots of HOS.  I liked that fish game in the garden, found it unique.  I will get it.

May 28, 2014 12:38 pm  #1620

barregar wrote:

Today I heard back from CS regarding losing all my data in Awakening Kingdoms.  Firstly, they reimbursed me for my pegacorn, $0.76 cents.... yeah, big deal !!!  They also gave me a coupon code for a free CE game of my choice, expiring 31 Dec. 2014 . ...at least that's something.  
Now they're curious why the cloud did not work and they want me to send them my save data for the game from my AK zipped folder in my computer.  I'll have to do it later when I'm free.

By the way, did anyone receive the 60% off CE coupon for d/ling Midnight Castle?  I think we were supposed to receive it this week, am I right?  I think I read that those who were already playing the game could uninstall and reinstall, and still be eligible for the coupon?  Actually I had already uninstalled the game earlier because I was having problems with it not closing every time I finished playing.  I installed it again just to get the coupon.

Barre, I also think 76 cents and a CE coupon isn't enough compensation for all the time you put into AK.

Once again, I haven't received my 60% discount coupon.  But they did say that we'd get it sometime this week.  But last time I ended up with more than the 60% discount so I'll just contact the same CS rep again and see what I can get this time if I, once again, don't get the coupon.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

Board footera