Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2014 2:09 am  #1601

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I was really hoping to play Hope Lake before Monday for anyone who was thinking of getting it but, after trying it again at GameHouse, I really can't play it.  I tried to ignore the hand-holding BBTs but, when I was in a scene after waiting for the interminable scene loading and then the interminable cursor loading, I accidently clicked down the bottom and exited the scene, only to have to wait for the interminable scene loading and cursor loading in that scene, just so I could click to go back to where I'd been, only to have to wait for that scene's interminable scene loading and cursor loading.  At that point I gave up.  I just couldn't take any more.  Sorry.  So my initial demo review when I said that I didn't recommend the game stands.  Poor developer. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

May 25, 2014 6:59 am  #1602

I've just posted my demo review of - Grim Tales 6: The Vengeance CE - in my demo review thread, if anyone's interested.

Tales of Terror: House on the Hill CE is up next...

May 25, 2014 8:49 am  #1603

Stusue - it gets a fabulous rating from me so far.  I think it will end up in my top 5. I could have played straight thru but I started at 11pm.  The sculpting class is actually in gum paste.  So for cake decorating.  I'll take a picture when I'm done.  If it passes muster!

Yes Temple is a woman and she was instrumental in changing the cattle industry in the humane treatment of the animals.  Not really a subject that I was like yeah gotta see that, but the movie is about her and she is autistic.

My goodness woman you are flying through these demos!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 25, 2014 9:29 am  #1604

Oscar, I'm always amazed at what stupendous creations some people make with cakes.  I watched a competition show on TV last year where they had to decorate cakes.  I couldn't believe what they came up with.    They were amazing works of art.    I'd love to see what you create! 

May 25, 2014 9:32 am  #1605

I've just posted a review of Tales of Terror: House on the Hill CE in my demo review thread if anyone's interested.

I've just downloaded the SE of the latest Surface game to see if I like it any better than I did the CE, in case I simply wasn't in the mood to play HOPAs the day I demoed the CE. 

But first I'm going to get out in the fresh air and sunshine for a bit and check on my washing.

I hope everyone's having a fantastic Sunday! 

May 25, 2014 9:54 am  #1606

Today's  FREE  game at  Game Giveaway of the Day  is:

Alice’s Magical Mahjong  by Playrix

Head down the rabbit hole for fanciful Mahjong fun with a hidden object twist! Join Alice from Lewis Carroll’s classic story, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland in this imaginative journey. Help all her quirky friends, including the mad hatter, the white rabbit, and the caterpillar, in this charming world. Step through the looking glass and into the world of Alice’s Magical Mahjong today!Features:

*    Create and share custom layout.
    *    Hidden object mini-games.
    *    Gorgeous graphics.
    *    Over 175 challenging Mahjong layouts.
    *    Your favorite characters from the classic book.

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/alices-magicalmahjong/

Last edited by stusue (May 25, 2014 9:55 am)

May 26, 2014 11:00 am  #1607

Thanks for your concerns about me 
The internet isn´t properly fixed. When I tried to look at a program on the Swedish channel one play,
the program was 58 min and I could only watch one minute and then wait for it to load so it took 2 hours 15 minutes to see  When we called and complained,the one who answered said:I understand that you´re not happy, I send one to fix it tomorrow! She could see that the connection was lousy 

I have finished Fear for Sale- Phantom Tide CE. It was rather fun and I liked the different collectibles but not CE worthy. I liked Nightmare Cinema better.

With my last GCC I bought Magic Heroes: Save Our Park and Mystica 2:The Sanctuary.
It feels strange to have four punches and not have to fill a card...

May 26, 2014 11:07 am  #1608

I definitely like Nightmare Cinema a whole lot more than Phantom Tide.

I hope you get your internet/tv situation sorted out soon.  It's a pita when you are at the mercy of these companies.

I am in the midst of doing all my Memorial Day dling.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 26, 2014 12:21 pm  #1609

Anki wrote:

Thanks for your concerns about me 
The internet isn´t properly fixed. When I tried to look at a program on the Swedish channel one play,
the program was 58 min and I could only watch one minute and then wait for it to load so it took 2 hours 15 minutes to see  When we called and complained,the one who answered said:I understand that you´re not happy, I send one to fix it tomorrow! She could see that the connection was lousy 

I have finished Fear for Sale- Phantom Tide CE. It was rather fun and I liked the different collectibles but not CE worthy. I liked Nightmare Cinema better.

With my last GCC I bought Magic Heroes: Save Our Park and Mystica 2:The Sanctuary.
It feels strange to have four punches and not have to fill a card...

Anki, I hope your internet's fixed asap and that everything's soon back to normal! 

Are you not tempted at all to fill a card?  Or is it easier than you thought? 

May 26, 2014 12:33 pm  #1610

I've just finished Tales of Terror: House on the Hill CE.  The main game took me about 4 hours and the bonus about 1 h 10 m.  I loved the main game but the bonus was a bit of a let down, as is often the case.  I wasn't sure who I was or what was going on and had to read the journal to work it out.  I was so confused.    There were also a lot more HOSs in the bonus and only one was interactive, the last one!    I loved the HOSs in the main game as you never knew which objects were interactive and which ones weren't.  But, in the bonus, all bar one were straight lists and you played some of the ones from the main game 2 or 3 times until you got to a new area. 

I missed out on 1 heart collectible because I opened a trap door before I'd found it - not realising that the trap door, once it was open, covered the heart and it was too late then (at least I think that's the one I missed).  It was either that one or the one in the last room before I got outside, and once you climb down the rope the rope breaks and you can't go back.  So make sure you find the heart in each room before you try to do anything in that room so you don't miss it! 

I only missed out on one achievement - 10 objects in 10 secs.  I thought I'd done that but obviously not.  I checked before I'd finished the bonus and was going to do it in the next HOS in the bonus as they were all straight lists.  However, typically, the last HOS was the only one that was interactive and so I didn't get that achievement. 

I thought I could go back and replay the bonus so that I could get that last heart and that last achievement but, even though you can click on bonus to play it, it just comes up with everything like the hint, inventory, SG, etc, but just a totally black screen.  So no way to go back and get them all.  You can't even start the game under the same profile and go and find them.   So, if you miss anything, you have to start right from scratch and replay the entire game if you missed any hearts or achievements the first time you played it.    Oh well, I wouldn't mind replaying it but I have too many other games that I haven't played yet to worry about one missed heart and one missed achievement. 

Board footera