Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2014 7:23 am  #1581

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

sunshinej wrote:

I don't think I can play Sonya anymore.  I got to a certain point and the game said Okay, Thanks for playing the demo.  Push okay to leave.  So I redownloaded it and now it is all in French again.  I'll talk to CS to see if I can get the English version, I hope.    Wendy, you also had this trouble didn't you?  Did CS give you a hard time about it?  

Sunshine, I'm not sure when Wendy will be checking in again.  But, if I remember correctly, when Wendy wrote in they gave her a coupon so that she could download the English version and then gave her coupons to replace all the games she'd bought on the French site, saying something about that they're different companies or something like that and that when you bought from one BFG site that didn't mean that you could download the games from any BFG site, so you couldn't just buy on the French site then download it in English from Seattle, or something like that.  I've never had a problem but sometimes it's been a bit tricky.

For most of the foreign games, what has worked for me is to have the initial game downloaded, activated, and then I've started playing it before then downloading the English version.  Normally that will work and when I've started the game again it's been in English.  Sometimes I've had to download the English version first, then the French version and activate it, but that's less common.

Good luck with either downloading the game or with CS! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

May 23, 2014 7:30 am  #1582

Govols2 wrote:

Too far to read back but what is the general opinion of Royal Envoy (3 or whatever it is called) and has anyone read the comments at big fish for it ? Wendy gave them hell . LOL

I dropped AK long time ago. 

Also has anyone played The Beardless Wizard ? 

Govols, like Wendy, I bought Royal Envoy 3 at the developer's site when it was first released by them for $2.99 but I haven't played it yet.  It looks good, though. 

I don't play FTP games so have never been affected by any problems with them.

I loved the demo of The Beardless Wizard and bought it but haven't as yet played it.

Sorry, but that's all the help I can give you. 

ETA:    Govols, I just checked my demo review thread and I posted a demo review of Royal Envoy 3 if you want to check it out.  It's post # 8.

Last edited by stusue (May 23, 2014 7:42 am)

May 23, 2014 7:38 am  #1583

barregar wrote:

I forgot to mention that I also ate Bovril but I prefer Marmite and Vegemite.  

Bovril?  Bovril????    Yewk!    You have taste, Barre, that's for sure!    Now I just have to get you to visit me so I can get some Vegemite! 

GameHouse released the CE of Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes this week and, as I only got the SE from BFG (unplayed, of course ), I'm playing the CE from GameHouse today!    But boy this must be a long game.  I've played for 2 hours 40 minutes and have only finished 2 chapters out of 8 (plus bonus), and am only up to page 17 of 48 (plus bonus - don't know how many pages that is yet)!    I've been taking notes for a review the whole time, which takes a while, but still... It looks like it's going to be long!  And I love it!    Review later!

May 23, 2014 8:50 am  #1584

Wow, it's a BOGO sale for Memorial Day weekend!!!  Now I have to look at my wishlist and do some calculations.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

May 23, 2014 9:01 am  #1585

stusue wrote:

For most of the foreign games, what has worked for me is to have the initial game downloaded, activated, and then I've started playing it before then downloading the English version.  Normally that will work and when I've started the game again it's been in English.  Sometimes I've had to download the English version first, then the French version and activate it, but that's less common.

Good luck with either downloading the game or with CS! 

Hi stusue, Thanks - Tried a couple different ways of downloading and still in French.  Will try writing to CS to exchange to the English Version.

i ♥ nirvana

May 23, 2014 9:57 am  #1586

Sunshine, GameHouse has a 50% off sitewide sale this weekend.  Unfortunately, however, it's one where you need a code. 

This may be the first BOGOF I don't take advantage of as I don't think there are any CEs I want and I get SEs with PCCs.  I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings and then see if there's another CE I want.  I'm not sure if there are any I haven't demoed yet. 

May 23, 2014 10:11 am  #1587

I finished another game.  I said a few pages back that I usually play a HOPA  and some "episodic" game (solitaire, M3, straight HOG, marble shooter).  I just finished AMAZING ADVENTURES: RIDDLE OF THE TWO KNIGHTS.  I liked the other games in this series but not this one.  Maybe it's my older eyes but the HOS seemed to have a LOT of  objects hidden in very, very dark corners.  So there was more use of the hint button than I'd like.  These games also have a final riddle you have to solve to find out what the hidden scene is.  This one was a combination of a slider puzzle (not my favorite) and placing the sliders in certain spots so your knight (each had to get to the other side of the board) would bounce off the correct barriers.  No hints, no skip button.  I did manage to do it and actually enjoyed it!  

I played the whole demo of MYSTIKA2.  What a cute game!  I didn't get that far but so far it wasn't devilishly hard.  Of course since I was only in the high 10s of 200 boards I'm sure it will get harder. It's a sort of combo M3/HOG/builder.  I'll definitely be getting this one.

May 23, 2014 10:22 am  #1588

Wow a 4 day sale.  Plenty of time to demo and I can get the games on Monday to get the extra punch and not have to wonder if the sale code will still work.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 23, 2014 10:58 am  #1589

I have 1 game credit so have been looking at the SE games.  I have found two likely ones.

Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians
Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon

Tirama...Your CEs that are due list has come in really handy.  I have been busy updating my wishlist this morning.

I only need two punches so may not wait until Monday.

i ♥ nirvana

May 23, 2014 1:13 pm  #1590

Stusue, thank you so much for talking about Origins: Elders of Time.  I went looking for it at BF ....apparently it was a soft release so I must have missed it.  I tried the demo and I'm loving it!!!  What fantastic graphics, so sharp and clear, and I really like the fact that if you don't want to find the objects in the HO scene you can play golf solitaire instead...cool.   One weird thing is that there are still collectibles in the SE version but I couldn't find them displayed anywhere.  Have read your reviews on the game, thanks.  I'm getting this one on Monday for sure.  

I love it when devs. give us CE quality games at SE prices.  The one I'm playing now, Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind is a SE game with collectibles and an in-game SG.  I was so surprised by that.  I love the graphics, the setting in England, and I know I'm going to enjoy playing it.  Have you finished that one?

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

Board footera