Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2014 12:16 pm  #1561

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Barre,  Sorry about losing your progress on AK!  What a bummer!  I lost interest in AK some time ago--can only keep up with so many.  Also dropped  My Singing Monsters and  Antique Road,  at least for now.  Even neglecting MC,  but checking in occasionally.  I boughg  Save Our Park,  but haven't played it.  Bought Legends of Solitaire,  then realized I haven't finished the first one,  so working on that.  I;m re-playing the VV series;  also  Trade Mania.  Hard to focus these days.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

May 22, 2014 12:30 pm  #1562

sandham - there's going to be an update for MC soon.  Screen shots have been posted on the MC Facebook page.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 22, 2014 12:46 pm  #1563

TiramaSue wrote:

Jessica has finally released the info on what's being released this week. 

BF has changed the format.  Instead of photos with a written blurb, it's now being presented in video format.  (Next week they will revert to photos, and after that, back to videos).  I wish they would just list the games.  The video ran between 4 to 5 minutes and Jessicas waves her hands while she's talking.  She did mention there would be an "exciting sale" this weekend.

Thanks so much for keeping us informed of the upcoming CEs, Tirama  How annoying to have to watch a 4-5 minute video just to get the names. 

I like GameHouse's system - every 3 weeks or so in the forums they simply post a list of games that are expected to be released in the following three weeks.  It's not a complete list but at least you have a pretty good idea of the games being released.  Occasionally one or two won't be released but there are others that are released that aren't mentioned, so we still get a surprise! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

May 22, 2014 12:55 pm  #1564

stusue - you're welcome.  I don't know why BF just doesn't list the upcoming games in the blog.

Speaking of the log at BF, there's been a couple interesting articles.

This is a link to an interview with a member of the staff at Artifex Mundi:   http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/developer-focus-artifex-mundi/

And these two articles give some info on how games are developed:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/guide-to-narrative-design-and-writing-video-game-stories/

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/narrative-design-case-study-dark-manor/

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 22, 2014 12:56 pm  #1565

barregar wrote:

Wow, Sue, you are so lucky to get a $2.99 code for a CE....I'm jealous...haha.  I just wrote to CS myself, to complain about AK.  Today the game reset me to level 1 when I was at level 45 before (around there, not sure whether 44, 45 or 46).  I lost all my food, keepsakes, bundles, and even my pegacorn.  I also complained to CS about not receiving my 60% off coupon.  Hopefully I will get a reply with some good news.  I also complained direct to Boomzap but I don't think they know what they're doing.   I learnt that lots of people had their game reset to level 1 for no reason, so I'm not the only one.

Thanks for mentioning your love of Vegemite.  Now I know what to get for you if I visit you. LOL

Thanks also for all your interesting news about the games.  I bought Mystika 2 with a pcc on Monday.  Haven't played it yet because right now the M3 I'm playing is Magic Heroes: Save Our Park.   Also playing Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons and loving it, as well as Gardens Inc 2 which is a lot of fun.  What I do is play a few levels of each game every day.  

I've heard a lot of talk about A Wizard's Curse but I never tried it.  Must go look it up.

I know, Barre, I was really lucky!     But I sure grovelled and played nice.    I was also quite happy with the free SE coupon I'd been given, and told them that, so that might have helped. 

I'm so sorry you lost everything in AK !!!!    I can't imagine the shock when you realised but I can imagine your stomach dropped.    I hope CS can help.

As for Vegemite, all good little Aussies are weaned on the stuff.  As soon as you start feeding yourself solids as a baby you're given little soldiers of Vegemite toast to hold and eat.  It has such a strong flavour I can't imagine giving it to little kids but we all do and then need it for the rest of our natural lives!    Resorts in Bali have it on all the tables at breakfast as so many Aussies go there on holidays.

Wow, you sure are playing a lot of games at once!  I get confused if all I'm playing is one HOPA and one M3 or TM at the same time! 

May 22, 2014 1:01 pm  #1566

sandhan wrote:

Barre,  Sorry about losing your progress on AK!  What a bummer!  I lost interest in AK some time ago--can only keep up with so many.  Also dropped  My Singing Monsters and  Antique Road,  at least for now.  Even neglecting MC,  but checking in occasionally.  I boughg  Save Our Park,  but haven't played it.  Bought Legends of Solitaire,  then realized I haven't finished the first one,  so working on that.  I;m re-playing the VV series;  also  Trade Mania.  Hard to focus these days.

Sandhan, great to see you posting again! 

You're also playing heaps of games at once!  I don't know how you all do it. 

Good luck tomorrow! 

May 22, 2014 1:03 pm  #1567

Tirama, thanks for those links!    I'll look at them tomorrow as it's dinner time for me and I'm starving! 

May 22, 2014 1:13 pm  #1568

I've just posted a demo review for Mystika 2: The Sanctuary in my demo review thread if anyone's interested. 

May 22, 2014 2:08 pm  #1569

I read the AM article, hoping for a hint of what they are working on.  No luck, but an enjoyable article. Thanks for the links and all the lists you take care of Tirama

And thank you Stusue for all your wonderful info and detailed and informative reviews!  You're a good little Vegemite. lol

I for one can not play more than one game at a time when it comes to adventure stuff.  I do have Royal Envoy 3 on the go, but it is sporadic.  When I pick a HOP or adventure I have to play it thru or I can't remember what the heck is going on.  Of course I can throw a card game or nanogram in as they are little stand alone boards, but I tend to be a one game woman.

At this point my trial games are really piling up.  I'm dreading what the fantastic sale is this weekend.  It's the 22nd and I have only purchase one game this month and it was direct from Playrix.  I have finished 9 though!

I think I'm going to go with a mystery next and play Mountain Crime Requittal.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 22, 2014 2:09 pm  #1570

I've listened to BBC4 a lot this week and have been playing Jigsaws Galore.  In addition to the Free to Plays, I've been playing Magic Heroes: Save Our Park.  I'm playing in timed mode and have completed 50 levels, all with 3 stars!  I really hope I can finish this game by the end of the month, but once again I'll have woeful stats as far as finishing games is concerned.

Board footera