Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2014 3:37 pm  #1541

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I bought VIDA just because of the snarky ferret.  I haven't found a walkthrough and now you say it's hard.  I guess I'll be camping on that hint button when I play it! 

A while back MYSTIKA 2 was the featured game.  It looks like something I might enjoy.  I'll have to demo it.  I'll look at HOPE LAKE too.  And there's a REAL 50% off sale of ARTIFEX MUNDI games.  If I'm lucky I already have all I want but I'll check it out.

May 21, 2014 11:44 pm  #1542

I wanted to play a short game so I was browsing.  I thought maybe Hynosis, went to the forums, and found out it was at least 6 hours!  I tried Puppetshow Return to Joyville but it was totally jerky and the vooices were echoing and stalling so that wouldn't do.  Surface Pantheon, nope, another long game.  I finally ended up with Hidden Expedition Hope Diamond CE.  If I remember right the game was pretty short and the CE extras can fill up my bits and pieces of spare time for the rest of the week.  I'm liking it alright, but not loving it as much as the demo.  I started playing it on a hard custom setting and it was pretty hard, no cursor changes over the items.  I decided I better back down a bit, it's pretty hard when your cursor doesn't change!  I'm sitting in my closed up game trailer playing, my van doesn't have power run to it, my game does and power goes off in 15 minutes so I'll have to gather all my stuff and head to the van and use my battery power. 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

May 21, 2014 11:51 pm  #1543

Wendy I just finished Dance of Death.  If you have it, it was maybe 3-4 hours. Very entertaining and well done game.  It had occult undertones, but was classic good versus evil.  Some really great puzzles with minimal direction.  I did skip one puzzle near the beginning, one of those swapping blocks and a grid of four moves.  I really hate those things.  Stusue those morphs were a bugger!  I found the first one where it was the eyes of the hanging ornament a little disturbing when you ended up with those gaping holes staring at you!  lol.  Some puzzles reminded me of "lite" versions of MCF lock puzzles.  I highly recommend.  There is no walkthru or anything though.  But Stusue and I have both just finished it and hopefully we can remember it!

Lucky me I get to start a new book tonight and pick a new game for tomorrow.

I have Chronicles of Vida in my to demo list.  Even if they are DD I usually just use a coupon anyways if I want it.  And there was nothing in the Artifex Mundi sale that I didn't already have if I wanted it. I wonder what they have in the works.

Last edited by oscar66 (May 21, 2014 11:56 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 22, 2014 1:13 am  #1544

lilyr wrote:

Barre -- There must be a call for Vegemite or I'm sure the store wouldn't stock it.

Stusue -- Sorry about the frequent blood draws. When I need blood tests I go to an off-site lab.  The techs there are VERY good.  It's over before you even feel the needle.

Lily, I have to have go to the vampires every 2-3 weeks, depending on the results.  Last week the level was so high I had to go back this week.    I don't mind going but I have to pay for it every time, and that I don't like.   

I don't think there are any labs here that take blood.  You go to your GP for everything.  You can't even take yourself to Emergency here - although I did twice - as you're supposed to go to your GP who will then send you wherever you need to go.  Emergency is just for people brought in by ambulance.   The two times I went it was really weird as there's no one there - it's just empty corridors. Had I not taken myself there the second time I wouldn't be here now.    Imagine all the games I would have missed out on playing! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

May 22, 2014 1:17 am  #1545

sunshinej wrote:

Husband has been going in at 3am for some overtime this week. So the alarm wakes us up at 2 am. By the time he leaves I am not sleepy so I demo'd today's game Hope Lake. I wrote a review over at BF. Boy, did I get out of practice out of doing them. Anyways, I think I will get it when it comes out as a Daily Deal. It looks to be a story based game (I hope) with 18 HO scenes & 26 mini games (according to the blurb). I didn't think it was bad one and I didn't have any tech problems with it. Looks like a lot that did.

stusue...At first I didn't get your reference to vampires. Then duh it hit me. I'll be doing that next Thursday for my annual check up.

Sunshine, I didn't like Hope Lake at all!    I didn't like the way you're told step by step what to do.  Talk about hand holding!    And that was in Expert Mode!   

I hope your annual checkup shows that you're fighting fit and 110% healthy! 

May 22, 2014 1:24 am  #1546

oscar66 wrote:

That is the puzzle Stusue.  I was looking thinking yup I see the little shapes on the medallions and on the rings, yup got that and um the instructions just say look for the clues.  I assumed somehow they needed to be lined up next to there corresponding medallion but that was never going to happen.  I get what you mean in your instructions.  Will do.  Big thank you. So far I am very impressed with this game.  That orphanage sure didn't look respectable anymore!  I'm playing on hard level, I imagine the only difference is wait time for hints and skips.

Now I'm off to fill out forms for comp, one of the employees injured himself so now he is laid up and I will be laid up under a mountain of paperwork.  (I'm not being callous, it wasn't serious, hmm and he isn't answering his phone)

Oscar, I'm glad you got past that puzzle and have finished the game.    I really liked it, no matter that it was short.

How dare that employee injure himself and force a mountain of paperwork on you!    And he isn't answering the phone?  Sounds a bit suspicious to me. 

May 22, 2014 3:26 am  #1547

oscar66 wrote:

I recd a reply to my reply and he sent me a 60% off code for a CE to be used by December. He did comment that he was aware a lot of people hadn't received them.

Oscar, I just got a reply from CS.  Unlike you, however, I didn't get a 60% off code for a CE but rather - just like last time - a free CS coupon for an SE.    He thought that I'd rather that and gave it to me in compensation for having had to wait!    I've just written back to ask if I can exchange the free SE coupon for the promotional one, when I can get 60% off a CE (the member price - I checked with another one I have).  I hope they don't think that's being too greedy.   

May 22, 2014 3:38 am  #1548

sunshinej wrote:

Today's Daily Deal Chronicle of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess is a game I played and loved it. If you like these type of games it is well worth the 2.99 price tag. I would get stuck since I would not hit the hint button (There are achievements in the game) leave play other games come back to it, checked the forums for help and even asked for help. It was a real journey for me to make it to the end of the game. Vida has a companion named Black who is a talking ferret. He and Vida would banter back and forth. They both had such nice accents that fit in the game really well. The bantering I listen to most of the time since I enjoyed it and was able to easily tune it out when needed.

Speaking of regional foods. Has anybody ever heard of pepperoni balls. I thought they were a nationwide thing, but my daughter said that they were more of a regional food.

Sorry, Sunshine, but I've never heard of peperoni balls (and I wouldn't want to as I hate peperoni ).  One really weird thing about peperoni - the word Peperoni here in Germany isn't a spicy sausage but rather a green chilli!    And the word peperoni isn't even in my English-German dictionary.  I had to google a translation and it took looking at a few online translation sites to even find one that translated it into German!  Really weird. 

As for Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess, it's still on my list of games I can use if I need to fill a punch card but, unlike you, what has always stopped me getting it is the banter between those 2 characters.  It drove me nuts!    Well, okay, nuttier than I am already.    I couldn't stand it, hence I've never purchased the game, although I absolutely adored the graphics.

May 22, 2014 3:43 am  #1549

WendyDarling wrote:

I wanted to play a short game so I was browsing.  I thought maybe Hynosis, went to the forums, and found out it was at least 6 hours!  I tried Puppetshow Return to Joyville but it was totally jerky and the vooices were echoing and stalling so that wouldn't do.  Surface Pantheon, nope, another long game.  I finally ended up with Hidden Expedition Hope Diamond CE.  If I remember right the game was pretty short and the CE extras can fill up my bits and pieces of spare time for the rest of the week.  I'm liking it alright, but not loving it as much as the demo.  I started playing it on a hard custom setting and it was pretty hard, no cursor changes over the items.  I decided I better back down a bit, it's pretty hard when your cursor doesn't change!  I'm sitting in my closed up game trailer playing, my van doesn't have power run to it, my game does and power goes off in 15 minutes so I'll have to gather all my stuff and head to the van and use my battery power. 

Wendy, what a pain with your electricity/battery power problems.    But I sure hope the season's going well for you and you're making heaps of money!    Good luck with Hidden Expedition: Hope Diamond CE

May 22, 2014 6:04 am  #1550

stusue wrote:

sunshinej wrote:

Speaking of regional foods. Has anybody ever heard of pepperoni balls. I thought they were a nationwide thing, but my daughter said that they were more of a regional food.

Sorry, Sunshine, but I've never heard of peperoni balls (and I wouldn't want to as I hate peperoni ).  One really weird thing about peperoni - the word Peperoni here in Germany isn't a spicy sausage but rather a green chilli!    And the word peperoni isn't even in my English-German dictionary.  I had to google a translation and it took looking at a few online translation sites to even find one that translated it into German!  Really weird. 

That is odd.  Of course, when you think of pepperoni you think more of Italy than Germany.  Anyways, pepperoni balls are 3-7 slices of pepperoni put into a doughball about the size of a orange and deep fried.  I used to eat 2 with a salad and take the pepperoni  out and stuff the ball with the salad.

stusue...With the bantering back and forth between Vida & Black in Chronicles of Vida,  I looked at it as I wasn't alone on the journey, but had two talkative friends accompanying me. 

Also, have you played Origins yet?  With my 75% off coupon at Gamehouse and their 20% off sale.  I think it would cost me around 4 bucks. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera