Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2013 11:59 pm  #1

Finish your games challenge - 2014

A new year, a new thread.  Happy New Year, everybody.  May all your games be good ones.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2014 4:02 am  #2

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

Happy new year all I just tried to go into my bookmarked thread and it doesn't work...now I know why! I didn't do anything for new year's eve. With my fiance not here this year, I just am kind of blue and our visa stuff is hung up but Im staying positive that this will be the year that he is here permanently!

The last Gogii game that came out was The Emerald Maiden-Symphony of Dreams CE. I demoed it and I liked it at first but then the plot got kind of weird and Im sooo sick of the dream theme so I decided against it but gogii are really not one of my fav developers. 

I am almost finished with The Tiny Tale, the builder game I have been working at for awhile. I can't seem to beat the 2nd to last level as I find it quite impossible. I've given up trying to beat the spider levels for gold but this level has an issue where if you don't do things in the right order, you can't even finish...Im thinking about just dexing this game. Usually I like a good challenge but this one is wayyyy more challenging that I would have initially thought. Maybe I'll youtube it...

I will add up my totals soon. I want to know if I saved money this year or not. I know I did last month...

Right now Im playing Myths of the World-Chinese Healer SE. So much for playing my old games lol

and we have a BOGO for Jan 1!! I know exactly what I want and I have 2 game credits  

January 1, 2014 8:09 am  #3

Happy New Year to All 

I didn't do anything much New Year's eve.  Husband felt run down and we didn't leave the house because of bitter temps, blowing snow and icy roads.  I went to bed at eleven so didn't even see the new year come in.  I did play Ghost Whisperer: Forgotten Toys while watching Medium on netflix.

Meg...Thank you, that is the one I was thinking of.  I go update Gogii now.

Last edited by sunshinej (January 1, 2014 8:10 am)

i ♥ nirvana

January 1, 2014 8:47 am  #4

sunshine - I'm going to move your list of developers into the Lots of Lists forum.

Looks like we will all be picking out games today.  Nothing like starting off the year by filling a punch card or two.  I know I want the new Hidden Expedition CE, but after that I'm not sure what else to get.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2014 12:27 pm  #5

I may wait and see if the codes still work tomorrow. There isn't really a second game that I want. But I know that both new CE games are ones that I want so, which ever one is tomorrow's I will want to get. So, we will see if it still works. Hopefully they do.

January 1, 2014 12:45 pm  #6

TiramaSue wrote:

sunshine - I'm going to move your list of developers into the Lots of Lists forum.

Looks like we will all be picking out games today.  Nothing like starting off the year by filling a punch card or two.  I know I want the new Hidden Expedition CE, but after that I'm not sure what else to get.

Have you already bought MCF CE and Nevertales CE?  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 1, 2014 1:03 pm  #7

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wow, we have neon colors   Spent the last couple hours of 2013 at hubby's buddy's trailer park.  It adjoins our park, separated by a fence.  We were setting off fireworks outside and some other residents walked by, everybody said Hi, Happy New Year, blah, blah, then somebody asked where we lived and we pointed across the fence and said "Over in that park".   Then we got a few comments about how we lived in the 'fancy' park.  I didn't know there was 'trailer park envy'.  Glad to know I live on the right side of the fence.  I was drinking something hubby had in the fridge when I got home, some kind of wine concoction, it had 20% alchohol, I got feeling pretty nice but oh, so bored.  It's only 60 today and drizzling, so a good day for a mild hangover.  My Iowa Hawkeyes play in the Outback Bowl today, right down the street, I was wishing I had the money to go but with the weather I'm glad I'll be watching from home.  They said it was only 7 degrees in Iowa, but I sure wish they would have had better weather for their Florida trip.
I saved Tiny Tim yesterday, and now I'm heading into Christmas Future, I will probably finish today.  I have full energy in Awakenings so I might pull out a keepsake and try to get extra coins or experience.
I don't know about the sale.  I'm so spoiled I want BOGO and BPM  I have 4 more weekends and Mondays left, so do I take a chance and wait?  I probably will, there's nothing on my list that I'm dying to have and I can always rejoin in March/April to do my 'summer stock up' shopping.  That is, if I can get my laptop to connect to the internet, it won't connect to wi-fi or thru the wire any more  Since I have a GM on both computers, could I put the games on my external with the desktop and then play them with the laptop?  I'll have to experiment.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 1, 2014 3:18 pm  #8

barregar wrote:

TiramaSue wrote:

Have you already bought MCF CE and Nevertales CE?  

Yep, got them both last BOGO sale.

I decided on Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat Collector's Edition.

That gave me a pcc that expires on March 2, a Sunday. (So it will have to be used in February)  I'm going to wait and see if the codes work tomorrow.  If they do, I'll get Botanica: Earthbound Collector's Edition and Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition.

January 1, 2014 3:44 pm  #9

I can't believe it, a BOGO sale and I have nothing to buy.  I've already got all the games I wanted.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 1, 2014 4:39 pm  #10

I got 2 CEs with the $1.99 sale last weekend.  Bought on Monday. There's really nothing that I MUST HAVE right now.

Board footera